+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

can the I300 work on verizon, I have unlock code.

After reading previous threads about the unlock codes, before purchasing my I-300 phone, I was able to get the unlock code for my phone from sprint when I told them the first one time use code did not work.

Now I have the code.

verizon does work cdma 1900 and an800, can I switch over to verizon and install verizions ppl code for their towers?

Has anyone had any success doing this in the U.S. ?

I have read threads about it being successful in canada and mexico, but no one with sucess in the US?

I use my phone non stop, and do not care about the internet functions or sprints other pcs features. Verizon simply has much better service in my area.

any help appreciated.

dave

Administrator

Arrow

technically it is possible but with the i300 being only dual band it wont work on all of verizons network. verizon was testing it but decided not to grab it because of reception issues (and probably more red tape than that).

most attempts have ended since new phones are entering the market. i would be weary to try and do it on verizon since verizon themselves have scrapped plans to offer it.

since you have the unlock codes you can call up verizon and go from there.

What about the ppl codes?

Administrator

Arrow

do you mean PRL?

Re: can the I300 work on verizon, I have unlock code.

Originally posted by dave3
    After reading previous threads about the unlock codes, before purchasing my I-300 phone, I was able to get the unlock code for my phone from sprint when I told them the first one time use code did not work.

Now I have the code.

verizon does work cdma 1900 and an800, can I switch over to verizon and install verizions ppl code for their towers?

Has anyone had any success doing this in the U.S. ?

I have read threads about it being successful in canada and mexico, but no one with sucess in the US?

I use my phone non stop, and do not care about the internet functions or sprints other pcs features. Verizon simply has much better service in my area.

any help appreciated.

dave
    From my understanding of this is, you will always be in Analog Roam so your phone will have a very short battery life. IMO, you should wait for the 7135. Verizon should carry it, and it looks great from the reviews I read.

Just my $.02

Steve<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I did mean prl codes, why would the phone not pick up the 1900 cdma frequency from verizon? is it different than sprints in some other way?

dave

I have the PRL of the verizon towers in the US, also i use this same PRL in mexico because Verizon have an agreement with my carrier in mexico and the SID of my carrier is included in this PRL, if verizon have towers in your area with 1900 mhz i am shure that you can activate your phone with them in digital mode, first of all ask verizon about what is the SID of the towers in your area that works in 1900 mhz, if exist an 1900 mhz towers send me an e-mail with the SID and i can check inside the verizon PRL if your phone can work in digital mode in your area.

e-mail : alejandroramirez51@hotmail.com

i300/verizon

I may be over my head here but... I recently picked up an i300 on ebay that had been unlocked for Verizon service. The phone works fine on verizon but there are some things I'd like to change. Is there a way to change the "sprintware" so that one could update the PRL (or whatever it's called that lets you keep up with current coverages)? Dialing verizon shortcuts won't work (duh) and there isn't any long version. Can you hear me now?

I have the exact same situation.. what do we do to resolve this ..

i300

I just did the same thing and got the Sprint phone today for my verizon service. I know the phone has already been unlocked and have already called verizon to change my ESN#. Only thing is its still not working with my verizon service. Every time I try to dial a call I get the welcome message from American Roaming stating that calls will be 2.99 and 1.99 per minute. Im still talking to the guy I got it from on ebay. Anyone got any suggestions, do I need to take it to a Verizon store? Thanks.

I had Verizon change the ESN # and just like my insructions said that came w/ the phone in about 1 hour the phone was wrking . There are some features that dont wrk like *86 for vmail ... i just programmed my own cell # on a voice dial if i want to call my voice mail and that wrks fine .. also dialing 10 digits in my local area .. i dont really care as long as it wrks

i300

I am pretty certain that the American Roaming message comes whn the MIN isnt programmed into the phone .. Have you programmed the phone with you MIN ?

What is the MIN? I got a step by step process on doing it. I got into the programming menu and then the lock code which was defaulted so I had the number. I then programmed my phone number into it. Verizon did change the ESN# because my other phone is not working. Ill ask the guy who I got it from.

I just got this phone for Verizon off of Ebay Today. It came with a sheet that says how to get the ESN# to work and how to program it but I can't figure out how to get my current Verizon number into the phone. I didn't recieve the actual phone manual. Does the number come up automatically once the ESN# starts working? Or do you put it in when you program it? Can anyone help me here? I already called Verizon and had my ESN# changed but it hasn't been an hour yet so I'm not trying to program yet.

Nevermind I got it. It works well.

Yeah the guy I got it from on ebay is sending me another one. Any of you get it from electronics-4u. Thats where I got mine from. The guy has been good about it. My only dissatisfaction is that verizon charges $15.00 to change your ESN, which I think is a load of crap since they're probably just punching the new number into a computer. Hope the next one I get works, that i300 looks like a real nice pdaphone.

I didn't have to pay Verizon to change my ESN#. I just called this number and followed the prompts to an operator. 1 800 922 0204. I hope I didn't have to pay the lady never said anything about a charge. I think you can also do it through their website but I'm not sure. I'm extremely happy with the phone.

Yeah thats the same number I called. Im going to say something to them the next time around since the first phone didnt work so hopefully they wont charge me for the second time around. Just sounds like another way to get some money out of the consumer.

I am editing this post...I did find it on their website where you can do it yourself. It has a place under your account where it says activate new phone and a place where you can enter a new ESN#. Havent recieved other phone yet so when I do it I dont know if it will take me to a page about the $15.00 charge or not. Hope not.
    Last edited by Shaun0131; 12-04-2004 at 01:31 PM.

To those of you who have done this...

Is this worth doing through ebay?

Does the phone pick up good signals?

I don't give a damn about the other features (internet, get-it-now, all that other stuff).

But I'm seriously thinking about this phone.

Are you all happy with the phone now that you have it?

thanks for any answers and/or advice!

Ben

i300 worth it?

I'm going to vote NO here. The phone's reception is poor on the Verizon network (at least indoors) the PDA stuff is just ok, I think that you have to refer to, "You get what you pay for." I was happier with my old pocket pc and my crappy basic phone. I would not purchase it again. That being said... anyone know where I can find a mp3 program that'll work on Palm 02 3.5?