+ Reply to Thread

Dialing problems: network or my phone??

When I place a voice dial call, the phone repeats the callee's name and says "connecting." Usually, there's a brief pause, a faint click, and then a ring at the other end.

Sometimes, however, there's no click, and no ring. The other party says their phone rings but when they pick it up the line is dead.

My phone? The network?
    Have you experienced this?

Several calls to Sprint, and one visit to the store, generated no help. In one case - after an explanation - the techdroid made a call and it connected, so he handed back the phone and said: "It's okay." I said: "It's intermittent." His answer: "It's designed that way."

I wonder what he thinks the word "intermittent" means?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    The older I get, the better I was...

Administrator

Arrow

if the call goes out and its only intermittent, id err on the side of the newtork being the culprit. could be something that wont last but a few days or so... give it some time...

i have not experienced it myself...

I had a similar problem about 2 weeks ago. It lasted for about 12 hours. (it was right about the time of the 3G startup, I'm not sure that had anything to do with it) But, it also cleared up on it's own.
    Carl