+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i300 parts

Question i300 parts

I dropped my i300 and shattered the screen. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement, other than e-bay. [I'd like to expedite this for the least expense possible.] After some research, I figure I'll need to replace the unit and use the broken one for parts.

Even though I love the i300, I'd like to find out about the newer PDA-Phones (since parts are so hard to come by). I absolutely do not want one of the cute little versions though, because I need something big enough to grab onto. Any idea's.

Thanks a lot.

Administrator
    well you came to the right place when it comes to the latest in phone toys. just browse the forms or ask a quesiton in the :what kind of pda.." thread at the top of the forum...

parts for the i300 wil be very hard to come by since its no longer made. fleabay may be your best bet...

Try www.gethightech.com but I did not see any screens for sale. But they did have the batteries, cases, etc. Good luck and let us know if you find a screen - I need one too!
    Peter

i300 screen

I was not able to find a replacement screen. So, I purchased another i300 from e-bay. That one had a great screen but it didn't work very well. So, I swapped screens - which wasn't too hard once I figured out how to get the back off (teeny-tiny star wrenches don't seem to exist). My hybrid i300 has been working great for over a month now.

FYI. The second phone I got (from e-bay) had dismal performance. It also had a much lower ESN number than my "working great" model. I concluded that the lower ESN numered phones are worn out. Buyer beware.

getting the back off

How *did* you get the back off? I can't figure out how nor find a tool to do it.

Getting the screws out

I never did find the right tool for the job. And, the usual small screwdrivers just broke off at the corners. I ended up using a very small flathead screwdriver (the industrial strength variety I found at work) that's as wide as the slot is across. I'm not sure what you have to look for to find that kind of screw driver. But, the material it's made from is the key. Good luck.

finding the screws

Sorry, I forgot to mention where those dang screws are at. There are 4, one in every corner. One is behind the stylus - top right. One under the rubber grommet near the antenna - top left. And, two under the battery - bottom left and right. Becareful lifting off the back cover, too. There are plastic clips along the sides that you can push to release the back. Then, you have to tilt it a little to get the top left corner off.

Oh yeah, unscrew the antenna first.

I hope I didn't forget something. Good luck.

A 0.050" hex wrench worked perfectly for me.

Thanks. I tried the 0.05 hex srench and it kept slipping. Maybe the heads were stripped on my unit?

Yeah, maybe yours were at least a little stripped. Mine worked, but there was a little bit of play... not much, and not close to enough to make me worry about it, but perhaps enough for the size to be a small amount off.

I300 parts - opening phone

I used a T6 Hexagonal screwdriver to extract the 4 screws - Crescent brand 4.99$. Worked great.

However, still cannot open the case - are there some hidden clips? My phone is working great except the touch screen no longer registers touch! So the phone can receive calls, but I cannot answer them hahahaha.

John B

where can i get parts for my i300?

my antenna broke and i need to get another. does anyone know a cheap place to get parts?

Administrator
    which part broke exactly?