+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Any recent equipment replacements? What have you been getting?

Hey people, im considering calling sprint for the equipment replacement warranty im paying for.

I saw the posts from about a month ago and it looks like one person got the I330 and another person got the I300.

Anyone have any recent experiecne as to what they are sending out now?

im hoping at minimum for an i330 and dreaming of the i500.

thanks in advance,

Frank

Administrator
    well you wont get an i5 and they still have i300s so it is still a toss up...

at best you MAY get an i330. you can explain tot hem that you have the screen blemishing that was so common on the first run i300s and they may go ahead and upgrade you to the i330..

Administrator
    you may need to go into the store and show a tech the issue... you can also turn the screen contrast up to increase the effect. also, you can go into the palm connection tab and change your wireless cdma modem to somethign else so that when you show them the blemish you can also say to them that the phone does not call out. if you have it set to any other modem you will get an error right out of the gate. some techs may find it , MOST wont and just authorize you a replacement.

Administrator
    again ycats, it all depends. this last in the game they may give you an i330, it just depends on what sprint will send you. you can ask them specifically for the 330 as well...

** time on the server was off when you replied so my posts are coming before yours...**

how do I go about asking for the i330 as a replacement instead of another i300? the person I talk to could say they have no control of that

yeah I've got that blemishing at the top of the screen.......or is it wash-out? if I call Lockline and complain about it, will they give me an i330 or another i300?

I just got a i300 today from Lockline to replace the one i lost last Wednesday. The operator said that's all i could get. (but it did come with a new cradle, cover, extra battery, etc.)
    **** happens when you party naked.

i just got an i300 for the one i lost also

they just got a bunch of them in stock i believe

any new info on this subject? I have a 300 that needs to go away, and I dont want the same thing back. I'm really tired of this screen blemish.

Administrator
    you may be able to swing a 330 by now. just let them know you want to take advantage of the vision service. they may accomodate.

going to the service center

has been the best way to get an upgrade of a phone for me. The service centers don't have as many older phones in stock as the mailing center does. I have ALWAYS been upgraded to the next generation smartphone when I went to a service center. The downside is that they only give you the phone sometimes, not the charger or other accessories that come with the phone. Sprint will then credit your account for the value of that accessory or send it to you later.

Again, this is from experience. If you are buying a new phone from Sprint, order it over the Internet instead of buying it in the store. Two reasons: sometimes they will send you a used phone as new, which breaks the warranty agreement and means they have to replace your phone if you should need a new one ANYTIME. That means you don't have to buy that replacement service. This has happened to me twice. The second DISHONEST reason is, if there are any accessories you want that come with the phone ( battery, charger, etc. ) you can call the service center and ask that they send it to you free because it wasn't included in the box.

Now, if you really want an upgrade, don't bring the phone into the service center, bring the charger. Most service centers don't stock the chargers at all and they will give you an upgraded phone with the appropriate charger. I used to keep my charger in the window and the tech told me that condensation ( water damage) had ruined it and made it unable to work.

I was at a service center back in the summer and a guy in front of me brought his charger/cradle in and it was missing "teeth" from the male connection. The Sprint guy went in the back and came out with a new cradle.

I'm afraid if I go in with just the charger, they'll drop a used or new i300 in it to see if it really works or not..................or if they don't have another cradle, they'll tell me to file a claim w/Lockline.

ok, so if I go into a service center with my 300 that has a screen blemish, will they DEFINITELY give me a new phone? And will that count against my protection plan??

Administrator
    they WONT necessarily give you a new phone.. givne the abundance of refurbed i330s out there and some i300s still floating around you may most likely get a refurb.

and yes if you have your current phone replaced and you have the equipment insurace, it will count towards your 2 claims per year limit.

ycats, the standard is to file thru lockline. you cant just go to the sprint store and swap out.. although it has happened as you mentioned...

me and a friend, about this time last year, had Kyo6035s.........he was having intermittent problems with the microphone that he used for voice memos...............he took it to a Sprint store and described the problem, the guy went in the back and came out w/a new i300 and said, "here 'ya go."

A few weeks later I did the same, the Sprint person said I needed to file a claim............I did and got another 6035.

ok, seriously, I don't want to beat a dead horse... but, I think I might start!
    I bought my 300 in August of '03, isn't there a warranty of some kind on the phone itself, without the optional protection plan? (I have screen blemish and recently the phone started making a really high pitched noise while on a call)

Unhappy no such luck!

I recently sent my phone in to lockline wishing for something new! not! i got the same phone with NO software. I need the software if anyone has a copy, I would love it!
    Ummaminah

just turned in a 'lost' i300 on thursday. UPS just dropped off a i330 with one extended battery: no cradle, software, or extra battery. shipped out of Lousville, KY. i still think it's a crap shoot though.

The Man...The Myth...The Legend! jrocket_m's Avatar

my phone has a bad scratch on the screen...

so if I go into the Sprint Store and tell them to replace it, will they?

I've been a Sprint customer since 1999...and I have had situations where I have gone into the store and had my phone replaced, and situations where they would just be *******s about replacing my phone...or even swapping it for another.

I "upgraded" (or "downgraded", depending on how you look at it) from an LG 5350. I love the PDA phone...but I hate the web speed on it...too slow, compared to Vision.

Anyway...thoughts on how lucky I can be if I go into the PCS Store?
    "The best thing since wresting!"

Administrator
    its a toss up to what they will offer you. they are all across the board when it comes to handing out replacements/ if you can talk a good game you may be able to get what you want, but its best to go in with low expectations so you dont let yourself down...

at the very least you could get a i330...perhaps... '-)