+ Reply to Thread

Computer locks up

1) When I have my i300 in the cradle to recharge and I boot my computer up, my computer freezes. 2) If I put my i300 in the cradle after my computer is running and charge it, everything is fine until I go to turn my computer off, and my computer freezes. Also, unrelated to my computer freezing, when I use my home charger (not the cradle), the connection doesn't seem to be solid, and I cannot tell if the phone or pda is actually charging; same thing for the car charger. Is there any way to tell if the charger is actually working with the pda and is receiving a good connection and actually charging???
    SallyAn

SallyAn, it sounds like a driver conflict to me but you gave little to go on. How long have you been using the cradle without errors, for a while or is it new to you? What operating system are you using? Has a new piece of hardware or software been recently installed? Serial port connections are the oldest, slowest, buggiest, vestigial parts remaining on pc's and will soon be nonexistent. I actually was troubleshooting a similar problem today on my win xp box. Turned out to be a reference to a non-existing .exe in the registry. -- good luck.
    Good lookin - but not too bright

Thanks for responding, RajinKajin. The cradle is new and my Samsung i300 is new to me, as well. It's done this since I got it. I'm using Windows 98 upgrade. And I am using it on a serial port. I do have USB. Perhaps I should get a USB cable adapter and hook it up that way? Also, you did not respond to my questions regarding charging the cell phone on my home or car charger. Is there a way to tell if it is indeed charging? Thanks for your time...I do appreciate your help.
    SallyAn

The reason that I didn't respond to those issues is because I don't own a car charger or ac charger other than the sync cradle. I haven't needed one. I do have a utility called Launcher X which rates your battery in voltage and percentage. Helps a little, right?
    Good lookin - but not too bright